Chapter 12 Hey There Neighbor!

Misty-

My mom and I stood outside my grandparents house. I had a few suitcases by me. Mom sighed and rang the doorbell. "It's only for a little while sweetie. Maybe longer." Mom attempted to reassure me. She obviously failed at her attempt. Before I could object, my grandma opens the front door.

"Helloooooo!" She greets cheerfully. "Hi mom!" Mom greets back. "Hi grandma." I say. "Oh gosh, look at how much you've grown! How old are you now?" She asked. "15." I replied. She fake gasped and put her hand over her heart. "Dear me! It seems like only yesterday you were in diapers!" She says. I smile and roll my eyes.

"Thank you so much for taking her in for a while mom." Said my mom. "It's no problem at all. Would you like to come in?" Grandma asks. "I can't. I need to get home before... he gets back. But tell dad I said hi!" She replies grandma gives her a sad look but nods and kisses her cheek. "Good luck." She said.

"Thanks. Misty, I'm leaving now. I'm gonna miss you so much! I love you." Mom says before hugging me. "I love you too mom." I replied. She kissed my cheek and drove off. "Please come in!" Said my grandma. I picked up my suitcases and followed her inside. Grandpa was sitting on the couch staring at literally nothing. Literally because he's blind.

"Hi grandpa!" I said. "Wha? Who's there?" "Misty dear. Your granddaughter." My grandma answers for me. "Oh! Milly!" He said jokingly. I laugh lightly and roll my eyes. "Such a silly man! Come. I'll show you to your room." She said. I picked up my suit cases again and followed her up the stairs. She led me to a very small bedroom.

It was a lot smaller than my bedroom back home, but at least it was a bedroom nonetheless. "Thank you so much for letting me stay here." I said. She just waved me off. "It's really no trouble. It's a shame that Ryan man is such a screw ball." She said, shaking her head. "Yeah, well, I better get the rest of my luggage."

I ran back downstairs to get the extra suitcases that I left outside since it was too much to carry in one trip. I walked outside and there.... standing on the porch leaning against the wall with his arms crossed was the same guy that had been harassing me all day today. "Well isn't this a surprise!" Gerard beamed with a cocky smile.

Only then did I notice the small spots of dried up blood under his nose and on his blazer and the bruise on his jaw. "What happened to you?" I asked, pointing to the blood and the bruise. "Oh, just a little fight, no big deal." He replied, still smiling. I nodded and stood there awkwardly. "What about you? God that looks awful!" Gerard asked, gesturing to the side of my head.

Where Ryan attacked me. Gerard's smile faltered and looked furious now. I put my fingers to the spot and flinched a little. "I uh fell and hit my head on the corner of a coffee table." I lied. Gerard raised his eyebrow and gave me a suspicious look. He obviously saw right through my lie. Gerard approached me, still holding that expression.

His hazel eyes were like daggers piercing into my blue eyes. He put his hand on the nape of my neck, opposite side of my injury and leaned his face to mine. "G-Gerard?" I asked. I thought he was going to hit me for lying. But to my surprise he gently kissed the side of my head! My cheeks burned and I gulped. Gerard smirked, seeming satisfied by my reaction.

I quickly averted my gaze to the floor. "Um, I texted you earlier." I said, trying to change the subject. "Hmmhmm! I know sugar. And I texted you!" He beamed. I looked back up at him and then reached into my pocket for my phone. When I turned it on, it said I had a message from an unknown number, but I obviously knew it was from Gerard.

"Oh, you did." I said awkwardly. "So what's all this? Are you spending the night at your grandparents?" Gerard asked, pointing to my two remaining suitcases. I shook my head. "No. Well, sort of. I'm actually staying with them for a while." I shrugged. "Oh? For how long?" He asked. I shrugged again and picked up my suitcases.

"Cool! So I guess we're neighbors then!" He said. "What?" I asked, my heart sinking. He must be joking! God please tell me he's joking! "Yeah, neighbors! My house is right across the street sugar!" He beamed, pointing behind him. I looked to see the familiar house of the Way's. I gulped and felt my stomach turn.

"This is perfect! We have the whole weekend too! We're gonna have loads of fun!" He said darkly, coming closer to me again. I tried to back up into the house but Gerard grabbed my jaw. "Come on over later tonight doll." He said in a low whisper. He let go of my face and back away until he was off the porch and walked back to his house.

"Cute jamies by the way!" Shouted from across the street and winked. I blushed and looked away from. I completely forgot that I was still in my pajamas. I let out a shaky breath and put my hand over my speeding heart. I picked up my suitcases that I ended up dropping and fumbled inside my temporary house.