⊳Hanahaki Disease // Jack Darby X Reader⊲

Hanahaki Disease is a fictional disease in which the victim coughs up flower petals when they suffer from . It ends when the beloved returns their feelings (romantic love only; strong friendship is not enough), or when the victim dies. It can be cured through surgical removal, but when the infection is removed, the victim's romantic feelings for their love also disappear.

...

[H/C] = Hair Colour

[E/C] = Eye Colour

[F/C] = Favourite Colour

[2F/C] = Second Favourite Colour

...

[Your POV]

I was currently at base chatting with Miko. I started to get pains in my chest, were my lungs would be. "Hey Miko, I'm getting pains in my chest; so I'm gonna go home alright?" I said while looking at her with a painful expression. "Oh, get better soon, bye!" she responded.  I called for my guardian Smokescreen to take me home. He took me home, and we both said our goodbyes.

I walked into my room, decorated with black walls with glowing [F/C] stars painted on them. I sat on my bed and began to cough again. I hurried to the bathroom, thinking I was going to vomit but instead I coughed up a single dry flower petal. I breathed in, still gagging a small bit but soon fell to the floor exhausted. I had started thinking about Jack after I had fallen down onto the floor, bleeding a small bit from the landing, I thought about the times he had been so nice to me and the times we had together as a whole. I truly loved him, didn't I? Then I started thinking about who he always talked about; Sierra. He wouldn't shut up about Sierra, the popular girl, the pretty girl; well, at least - she was prettier than me. I then rolled over and began coughing up more petals along with leaves this time. I thought I had just swallowed something bad - and coughed it back up - but how did I swallow a flower? A flower for gods sake?

...

I still went to school the next morning - but I had to leave my first period class because I began gagging and choking. I got a note from the teacher and went to bathroom. I managed to cough up more petals but this time, with blood. The petals were soaked in blood, my lungs were hurting and my head pounding, I couldn't concentrate on what I was doing I could only stand, but not for long as my legs gave way. Some how, I managed to walk home - even with this horrible plant I coughed out of my throat. On the way, I thought about Sierra and how she had been in my class this morning, It brought me great sorrow that she was so much better than me - she was an A+ student and I a B, she was good at PE, and I lazy to do almost everything. I collapsed infront of my door and slid down to the pathway layed infront of the crimson wood. I coughed up more blood but I managed to get inside the house.

...

Smokescreen came to collect me, to go to base. He drove me to base and we were both in silence apart from my coughing on the way. When we arrived I immediately ran to Ratchet only to fall to the floor in a fit of choking and coughing - this was the worst it had been. My chest shook and i began to puke up blood and petals and soon enough vines and thorned roses. Ratchet seemed to noticed this, and so did the humans; Raf, Miko and Jack. They came rushing to my side asking if I was okay but my only response was a dry cough and a splat of blood on the floor along with misplaced withered black roses. The thorns placed among the stems of the roses cut my throat, making a hole in my neck and blood seeped through it. I was drowning in my own blood. "Jack.." I managed to gurgle out before I almost met death himself "I love you." I said before my consciousness faded from colour to black.

..

Word Count: 691

I needed to vent some feelings.