thirty five ; trust me

I turned to stare at him, my heart squeezing painfully at the sight of his face that I'd once etched my fingers over lovingly.

Since when has his feelings for me stopped? Since when has he started cheating on me?

My expression hardening, I barely managed to spit out the words "You think so?" before I broke down into tears again.

He shook his head slowly, looking confused. What was so difficult to understand about this?

"What happened babe?" He asked, almost as if expressing genuine concern. "Don't call me babe." I hissed at him, making him widen his eyes in surprise.

He was silent for awhile, then he reached out to hold my hand in his, caressing it gently with his thumb. "You're angry because you saw me with a girl, right? Don't worry, she's just a friend. You don't have to be jealous over that."

I jerked my hand away and scoffed, my pitch increasing as a string of words escaped my mouth in a rush, "Jealous? Me? Of course not, why would I be? Especially not when I just caught you and Bobby cheating on me with random girls! Just a friend? That's what every guy says, but how many of them are honest?"

Before I even realised it, I was crying while raising my volume at him. Flustered at my sudden breakdown, he reached out to try and wipe my tears away with his thumb, but I slapped his hand away angrily.

If he continued doing this I was going to go soft and forgive him. I can't. Get your head straight, Bella!

He hesitated for awhile before trying to clarify himself, "I don't know what you saw with Bobby, but I most definitely didn't cheat on you. And Bobby would never-"

He stopped dead in his tracks, his face looking as though realization just dawned on him. Then he got up and started to pace around, shaking his head in desperation, glancing at me and opening his mouth as if he wanted to say something, but then closing them again.

I stared at his strange behaviour, unable to comprehend his actions. Eventually he stopped pacing and knelt back down to my height, his face serious again.

"I can't say anything about Bobby.. It might be better this way... But I can swear to you that I've never cheated on you." He grabbed my hands, gripping onto it tightly as I tried to pull away.

"Babe, please believe me. I know it must have been a real shock for you after seeing Bobby.. cheating. Then seeing me with a girl, you must have misunderstood. I don't blame you, but please, please, trust me. I didn't cheat, and I never will."

He leaned in to plant a kiss on my hand, and my heart immediately softened. I so desperately wanted to believe him.

But my stubborn mind told me he was lying, so I flung his hand away and growled as fiercely as I could, "I don't believe you. I-"

But I was interrupted when he suddenly slammed his lips against mine, his hand reaching out to cup my jaw and bring my face forward to meet his.

He forced his tongue into my mouth, kissing me aggressively as I struggled to break away from him. I bunched my hands into fists and struck them against his chest, trying to get him to stop. But he grabbed my fists in his hands and held it to his chest, gripping it tightly there.

I continued struggling, biting against his lips and pushing against his chest in failed attempts to push him away. He deepened the kiss, tilting his neck, his other hand holding my chin up, which made me more vulnerable against his kisses.

He sucked on my bottom lip vigorously, unleashing an almost fervent passion as he began messaging my tongue with his, making me breathless.

I felt his heart pounding incredibly fast with the fist that was locked against his chest, and for some reason, this position we were in where my neck was so exposed to him made the kiss feel even more sensual.

Before I knew it, I was kissing him back, our tongues dancing together and fighting for dominance as I craned my neck to reach him better, a fiery passion burning in me.

His grip on my fists tightened, and we continued kissing for awhile longer before slowly breaking apart. A tear slid down my cheeks and I glanced up at him tearfully, wishing with all my might that what he was saying was the truth.

"I can trust you, right?"

He clutched my face in his warm hands, his thumb caressing across my cheek affectionately. "Of course." Leaning in to peck my forehead, he smiled at me before leading to the driver's seat.

He got into the car and turned to help buckle my seat belt, then took my hands in his before driving out of the carpark.

"You must be exhausted. So many things happened today, we'll get home quickly and let you rest, okay?"

I nodded, grateful to have him beside me. He squeezed my hand and glanced briefly at me before grinning,

"I'll treat you like a baby until you're feeling better. So just rely on me, okay babygirl?"