It was my mother's name.

"I remember her," He spoke. "She was a good person, always nice to me."

He leaned forward and wiped my tears away. "Especially when she would play hide and seek with us and always team up with me against you."

I burst out laughing at the memory.

"I would start with my complaints the moment you used to leave," I laughed ridiculously with all the tears streaming down my face.

He chuckled when I rested my face against his chest.

"Thank you," I muttered.

Alec just soothed my hair in response.

"So," He started after a while. "I have to get to work. Let's have a bath."

"What?" I frowned. "I need more sleep."

"You can sleep after the bath."

"No. I'll bathe later."

"Yeah like yesterday. Then you will call me to help you get out of the tub and get my work clothes all soaked up," He argued.

My jaw dropped. "Oh right. Then it was me who suggested you to take those clothes off and get in the tub with me."

He deadpanned. "Whatever. I was already late for work so I thought why not."

I raised a brow. "Don't you pretend like you didn't enjoy the aftermath."

The corners of his lips twitched up into a smile.

"Fine. You win," He raised his hands up in surrender.

"Good," I placed my head on the pillow and looked outside towards the balcony, watching a tree branch.

I missed the beautiful skyscraper view from our old apartment but this one was way better.

We had moved into this mansion in my third month and Alec had let me decorate this house. Everything was exactly like I had wanted it.

I didn't realize when I fell asleep but when I woke up next, the sun was completely up.

I yawned, got out of the bed and walked towards the bathroom.

Getting into the warm jacuzzi, I relaxed all my stiff muscles and sighed in relief.

I must have stayed there for a really long time and probably fallen asleep again, being the sleepy whale I am, as I woke up to footsteps outside.

Maybe Alec was getting ready for work.

"Alec," I called.

After a few seconds, the bathroom door opened.

Alec stepped inside dressed in a white shirt and black pants. "Yes?"

"Please help me get out," I smiled cheekily at him.

He narrowed his eyes playfully and walked towards me. Taking my hand, he gave it a gentle tug and as he bent down to support my back, I placed my other hand on his chest.

The water soaked his shirt and dripped down to his stomach through my hand.

He looked down at his shirt and back up at me with a playful glint.

"Oops," I grinned.

****

I looked up at the wall clock. 7 p.m.

There was no way I could survive this.

Then my eyes went to the front door, waiting for Alec to walk in any moment but it didn't happen.