High-on-steroids

Chapter Eleven - High-on-steroids

"So are you,"

I turned my head towards the person standing at the door, leaning against the frame.

I stood up from beside Luke. The room was silent but Leila was busy on the swing set.

Alec started walking up to me but I took long strides and motioned for him to follow me outside the room, surprised when he actually did it.

Once in the corridor, I turned to him. His lips were pressed in a thin line.

"Your meeting's over already?" I managed to speak under his piercing glare.

"Took a break,"

"It started five minutes ago," I muttered.

He took a sudden step and my back touched the wall. He placed his hand above my head and I looked up at him.

His alluring scent and captivating blue eyes were turning my legs to jelly as he held my gaze. Blinking, I looked down at the floor.

"Why? Did I interrupt something?" He spoke in a dangerously low voice and I bit my lip.

"No,"

"What is he doing here?"

"Leila, his niece, left her teddy here yesterday. They just came to get it,"

"They got it, didn't they? Why are they still here? Did you ask them to stay?" His eyes narrowed.

I nodded slightly. "You were gone for the meeting and I was bored so-"

"I didn't ask you to come here, Scarlet," He snapped.

Biting my lower lip, I looked up at him.

"Okay then. I'll leave," I tried to move away from him but he placed his other hand on my side, caging me, and I looked up at him, annoyed.

He let out a low chuckle. "Leave with him? No. Get back in there," He withdrew his hands from my sides and turned to go back.

"I wanna find you in that room after the meeting," He said over his shoulder and went back inside the conference room.

I sighed and went back to the waiting room. Luke looked up at me with a smirk. "Told ya,"

I gave him a smile. "It's not what you think, Luke. We were talking about something else,"

"Sure," He nodded but it didn't seem like he believed me.

"Anyway, I just got a call from Leila's mother. We gotta leave," He got up from his seat and Leila walked over to him.

I pouted at that but nodded anyway. As Leila walked up to me, I bent down to give her a hug but she gave me a kiss on the cheek, giggling softly.

I pulled back and planted a tiny kiss on her cheek. "You're such a sweetheart," I muttered.

"You too," She spoke.

Smiling, I looked up at Luke who was looking at Leila in awe but averted his gaze to me.

"It was really good to meet you, Scarlet."

"Likewise," I said and waved them goodbye.

The chirpy waiting room was now empty and I blew a raspberry before collapsing on one of the comfortable chairs.

I looked down at my watch. There was a lot of time before Alec's meeting would be over.

I played some games on my phone and leaned back in the chair. My eyelids became heavy as I stifled a yawn. Shoving my phone back in my pocket, I shut my eyes for a moment.