Chaper 3

PERRIES POV

We were walking and I was asking her yes or no questions so she could nod or shake her head. Then she would look at me for an answer, like to ask 'what about you?'. We had a nice chat, well half chat and half hand gestures. She seems so lovely and is so beautiful. I really want to help her and bring her food and drink. I wonder if she's got warm clothes on underneath her parka. She started to shiver a little when a big gust of wind blew.

"Do you want to wear my jacket for now?" She looked confused "it's just you seem really cold and I'm warm, you can hand me your parka while you warm up" I smiled. She looked again and I nodded, taking it off. I held my arm out so she could hand me her coat, which she did. I carried it as she put mine on. She had a red and white striped slightly stained and ripped jumper and blue ripped stained skinny jeans, from obviously wearing them for so long. I smiled when she held it close, hugging it for my body warmth. She smiled, a proper smile.

"Is that better?" She nodded and mouthed a thank you. "No problem love" she tucked her hands into the sleeves to warm her hands. I held her parka while we walked. She tried to take it to carry herself. "No I'm carrying it so you can warm up" she smiled and I put my arm around her back to rub her arm, to warm her up. I felt a little spark, strange. We walked for a few more minutes and we got to the little coffee shop.

"Well here we are" I said. She took my jacket off and handed hers back to her. She mouthed another thank you, "it's fine, honestly. I'll come sit with you during my breaks" she sat down on the floor. "Bye Jade" I waved back as she smiled and waved. I walked in hanging my jacket in the back, putting my apron on.

"Oh pezza who's the chick?" My good friend, Harry asked. Curley hair, green eyes and tall, very tall compared to me.

"Her names Jade" I smiled.

"Why she sitting on the floor outside?" He asked confused.

"She's homeless haz" I sighed and he nodded slowly.

"Why were you with her then?" He asked.

"I feel really bad because she's obviously not had food in a long time" I looked out the window.

"Your a good'in pez" he patted my shoulder. "Lou's off today, so it's just us" his boyfriend Louis, was also a close friend of mine.

"Okie doke" I got to work.

-

I took off my apron and hung it up, replacing it with my jacket. I made us two hot chocolates and took two biscuits. I took them outside and sat down next to her. She jumped at first, but then settled when she realized it was me.

"Here you go" I gave her the hot cup and biscuits. She smiled gratefully and ate them. I wonder why she doesn't talk, like if she's mute? She was so adorable. She shivered when the hot drink when into her system, her body obviously not used to drinking that heat. I took off my jacket and placed it over her lap. She smiled warmly at me.

"If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?" I handed her my phone again. "21, you?" I read. "I'm 20, so we're around the same age" we sipped the drinks, letting the steaming drink warm us up.

"Are you still cold?" I asked cautiously as she was starting to shiver a little, because of the breeze. She nodded lightly. "C'mere" I opened my arm and she looked at me, smiled and tucked herself under my arm. She leaned herself on me and I held her closer to warm her. I had this feeling where I just wanted to keep her safe and not let go. We sat for a while in a comfortable silence. I couldn't help but wonder why she was on the streets? Did something happen to her family? Did she run away or leave? Did she get evicted? I don't want to ask yet though incase it upsets her.