"This better be good." He growled to his Beta.

   "There was an attack on the border. At least a dozen Rogues ambushed the wolves on patrol. They killed one of ours and injured several more."

   Emerson froze where he stood, his face of cold rage. "Tell me that we killed them all."

   "No Alpha, most got away. Once patrol managed to kill, they ran."

   "I'll be there in five."

   Emerson hung up.

   He dialed a number. "Ricardo, you and Isaiah need to get your asses up to my Wing."

   He hung up before he got an answer. He walked to the bedroom and strapped on his Glock to his jeans. By the time he walked back to where Madeline was standing, Ricardo and Isaiah were there.

   "Emerson, what the hell is going on?" She demanded.

   He ignored her. Instead, he turned to the two guards. "No one comes in or leaves until I get back. Understood?"

   They nodded and positioned themselves in the room.

    "Emerson! What is going on?"

   He breathed sharply and turned to her. He gripped her arms tight. "There was an attack. You stay here and until I'm back. I don't need to be worrying about you as well."

   She dropped her crossed arms. "Fine, but when you get back, you're going to tell me what's going on." When he started to speak, she cut him off. "This is my pack now too. I need to know what's going."

   "Fine." He bit out. "Don't leave."

   He turned and walked out.

***

   The first thing that Emerson noticed was the smell. The stench of blood was so strong he smelled it from two miles back.

   When he arrived he saw blood everywhere. The bodies had already been taken from the clearing and the wounded to the infirmary. The others on patrol that were relatively unharmed were still there.

   Emerson walked over to his Beta and the Border Patrol's commanding officer.

   "What the hell happened?" He demanded.

   The patrol squad leader stepped forward. "We were running patrol as normal when they slammed into our flank, killing Mason. Frank and William were severely injured. By the time we had gathered ourselves and managed to kill a couple, they were gone. We got Frank and William to the infirmary as quickly as possible. Danial, Ethan, and Samuel had severe enough injuries that they had to be sent back too."

   "Shit. Shit." Emerson growled. "God Damnit. I thought they had moved on."

   His fist slammed into the nearest tree. Blood gushed out of his busted knuckles but he paid no mind to it. He would be healed in an hour tops.

   "I want patrol doubled, as well as the guards. Jayden!" He called forth his training officer. "Start pushing for the new shifters to join the Epsilon. And start recruiting around the pack. we need as many shifters as possible if the Rogues are turning their attention back to us.

   "Everyone needs to be prepared. We are not having a repeat of last time. Set up a curfew at dusk. No wolves are to be out past dark. There will be consequences if any are found outside." Emerson barked out orders.

   "General Grayson." The wolf stepped forward.

   "Yes Alpha?"

   "Send out a recon squad. Follow the scent of the Rogue and see if they find out their whereabouts. But make it very clear they are not to engage in any sorts. We need to know what we're dealing with first."