Chapter Eight

Mulai dari awal

"You're not going to get any," Luke said, walking past me and towards the hedgerows which we entered through. "The reason I like this place so much is becuase no one can bother me. Just me and Tilly." he nodded over at the truck. "Until now, that is." he glanced over at me, feeling oddly happy about the fact I was the only other person who knew about this spot, and Luke didn't seem to mind.

"Follow me," he said before turning to wave at Tilly, "So long, my friend." he smiled sadly, " 'Till next time." he sighed before turning round, waiting for me to follow him. It suddenly hit me that maybe the reason Luke liked this place so much is because it really is just him.

Well, not including Tilly but think about it. Everyday he and the band have to deal with this sort of stuff; the screaming, the swarming, the downright stalking. Sure, they must love it the majority of the time. But thinking of how closed up Luke is before you even dare to attempt to crack him- it must be hard.

We walked back through the familliar trail that still had our footsteps from the day before, before the clear prints became a square metre of loose dirt. I chuckled to myself, that was were we fell. That was the pricice moment where Luke's walls just fell and I got to see behind his tough exterior.

"Sophie?"

"Yeah." I followed luke down the grassy trail before the surface beneath my mud ridden shoes became gravel.

"Have you ever done anything bad?"

His question made my pace slow down, and I could sence a smug grin playing on Luke's lips.

"What like, bad or..." I kicked a small stone from the road, "Bad, bad?"

Well, I've pretended to date a guy that not have I known for the majority of my life but also a world reknowned bandmember, lied to his bandmates and every single on of his fans, all because my brother needs to get into this school that my mother can't afford with the wages she recives working in a supermarket.

"Nothing I can remember, why?" I brushed the question off, hoping he wasn't actually expected a genuine answer from his extremely random question.

"Well you are Cal's girlfriend," he too, slowed from briskly jogging into a stroll, "And I know Cal..." he wagged his eyebrows.

"Please shut up."

"Just for the record," he said, looking me dead in the eyes. "I'm never sleeping with you again."

"Excuse me?" I said, mortified at the way that sounded.

"Heck no..." he smirked, knowing full well of how what he said had sounded.

"You snore way too loud."

***

Being the daughter of a woman on minmum wage, supprting too children by herself makes watching any musician live out of the picture. Never thinking of having the chance to watch them preform your favourite songs or just how real the music can feel live compared to the digital copy. I had never had one of those chances- until today, that is.

Not only was it a stage, it was a whole arena.

Me and Luke walked in through the entrance, my phone bleeping as the signal came back into radar. Each chair in the whole stadium was a royal blue clour and the voice of the tech people echoed through the microphones ampifying their voices. The lights flashed from green to red; purple to yellow and so on overhead and at the furthest end of the stage I could see Ashton testing his drum kit on a piece of stage rising from below.

It didn't take long before Luke was pulled away by one of the workers and was hooked up to a mike or testing, no questions asked. He glanced back at me and I gave him as small smile, mouthing him the word 'thankyou'. It surprised me how quiet the walk through Birmingham to the arena was, Luke relished in the time the pair of us had together, using it to once again fry my brain with questions, resulting in me giving the first answer that pops into my head.

So yeah, Luke now thinks I'm a competitive runner and that my favourite food is bananas. That's kind of a problem because:

1. I'm athsmatic and can't run for 2 mintutes without being close to unconciousness.

2. I really hate bananas. They're potassium filled fruits of evil.

On the right side of the stage I could see Calum with his bass behind a girl that was fussing with his hair. She wore a green blazer over a white blouse with cropped trousers and a pair of patent loafers. Her brown hair was a mass of ringlets tamed into a low bun and her pale skin was visible from her hands that were fixing Calum's hair in place. He smiled goofily at her, nodding his head at what she was saying, his hands stuffed itno his pockets and the bass strap hung around his neck. He must've caught me looking as he ran over to me, smile gone and replaced with a look of concern, and enveloped (i.e suffocated) me in his arms.

"Oh my goodness, Soph, I was so worried." his voice trembled slightly "I honestly couldn't sleep last night." he pulled away slightly, the bags under his eyes proving his point. The girl walked up slowly behind him giving me a little wave.

"I'm fine, honestly." I laughed it off.

I slept in a truck in the middle of a junk yard last night. But I'm fine.

"I had company..." I glanced over at Luke who was warming up on his guitar, oblivious of me looking.

"Good." Calum cooed, tucking my hair behind my ear. "I wouldn't have been able to forgive myself if anything bad happened, especially to you."

I felt my face grow hot. Boyfriend or not, Calum was a smooth talker and could probably charm a snake with his voice alone. But I could tell he really was worried, the expression one his face wasn't one that could be faked.

"AND THEY CALLED IT, PUPPY LUUURVE..." Ashton sang from behind his drumkit, all of our heads turning back around to the stage.

"You're microphone's still on, idiot." Mikey strolled in through the entrance doors, sucking on a bright green lolly. Something was different about Michael. I don't know whether it was becuase he had on a different kind of shirt, new shoes or-

"YOUR HAIRS FUCKING GREEN!" I spluttered, my mouth dropping at the sight of Mikey's hair that now matched the colour of the lime lollipop he was eating.

"Really? Didn't notice." Michael teased.

"It's... Very you, Michael" the girl chimed in. I mouthed 'Bree?' to Calum and he nodded as Mikey started shouting over at Ashton.

"Speak for yourself, you and Ani were on the phone for like two hours last night!"

I made a face at Calum, "Ani?"

He tapped his nose, "We aren't the only couple on this band, Y'know." Calum winked.

The guys were called up to the stage for a sound check and before long the the speakers were pumping the intro of one of they're songs.

"Another person, great." I chirped referring about Ani to Bree. Bree laughed lightly and shook her head slightly but made sure I could still jear her.

"She's bad news..." Bree warned.

"W-"

The chorus of the song blasted from the speakers preventing me from finishing my sentance. Bree pulled me towards the doors leading to outside.

"Let's go some place quieter," she bellowed over the music, "tell me a bit more about you."

Ah yes. Because I know myself so well.

The music roared so loud it was almost deafening. A good deaf, if there is such a thing.

"SO JUST TURN AOUND AND FORGET WHAT YOU SAW..." The guys sang from the stage.

Before I fully left the main part of the arena, I couldn't help but steal a quick glance at Luke, who had his hands clutched around the microphone as he sang the last line of the chorus.

"... 'Cause good girls are bad girls that haven't been caught."

I sighed.

If only he knew how accurate that line really was.

(A/n) thankyou for reading! Im slowly getting reads.. Slow, but reads all the same so i really appriciate that haha

Next updates on wednesday, byee x

Ps. Ig: ThatsCuteHemmings- comment ur user and ill follow u back!!