Chapter 2: Future and Highschool

I met up with Izuku on the way to school and started to walk with him. We talked about the fact that Izuku saw a villain attack on the way here and the debut of a new hero, Mount Lady, which lead to Izuku's choice of high school.

I slapped him on the back with a smile. "I'm proud of your bravery to apply to U.A., Izuku! Let's just hope Bakugou doesn't find out."

Bakugou really needs to take anger management classes. I have seen my neighbor get less angry than him and he's an old man who can't stop yelling every time he sees one of us 'whippersnappers' doing something that would've seemed inappropriate in 'the old days'.

Izuku shuddered at that and began to sweat. "Yeah." He then looked at me with curiosity. "By the way, where are you going for high school?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "I have no idea." I answered simply with a grin.

My green haired friend face palmed at my blunt answer. "You know, you could always apply to U.A." He drawled out.

I rolled my eyes. "I'm not going to be a hero."

He looked at me weirdly. "I don't understand why you don't want to become a hero, especially with your Quirk."

A memory of the dead bodies of my friends came into my mind. I gritted my teeth. "Because I'm not like you." Was all I said before I gave him a glare which clearly stated to shut up and move on to a new topic.

When I got to school, there was still time left so I headed to a room that's always empty.

I slammed my fists against the walls. Why would I ever want to be a hero?! I hate my Quirk! It's nothing but a curse! I would never use it in a serious fight! ...Unless it was with Yuto. If I see that damn bastard again, I'll kill him!

I looked at my hand as I produced a small barrier and sighed. I just want to go back in time to when I was happy with my friends.

Flashback - 8 years ago
Rokuro - 6 years old

Tetsuji sighed as he sat on the bench outside the Hiinatsuki orphanage. I looked at him with worry.

"What's wrong, Tetsu?" I asked as I started to sit next to him.

He looked at me in slight surprise, but looked away again to the trees. "It's nothing. It's just...you and Yuto have such strong and cool Quirks. It's obvious you two will be one of the top heroes and comparing myself to you is just depressing." He explains to me with a slight pout while resting his face on his hands.

I gave him a smile. "Come on! Your Quirk is pretty cool, too! You're going to be an awesome hero with it!"

Tetsuji's Quirk is called Accelerate. It allows him to accelerate the speed of any moving object, but he has to touch the object, so accelerating a fast moving object is extremely difficult.

He gave me a raised eyebrow. "How?! I mean, it would be nice to use my Quirk on something like a knife while it's being thrown in midair, but I actually have to touch it while it's flying at whatever miles per hour! And anyway, even if I do touch it, the knife will change courses because of my fingers, making it go in an unwanted direction or it will just drop to the floor! Face it! My Quirk is useless!"

I thought about it then brightened up. "You could accelerate your own body parts! Like when your in the middle of throwing a punch, you can touch your own arm while you're in motion and it will increase the speed and power of your punches!"

My friend's face slowly lit up at that. "You're right!" He slapped my back twice. "Thanks, Rokuro! You're awesome and officially my best friend! I'll go start practicing right now! Just you wait! I'm going to climb higher in the hero world than you!"