The 100

Chapter 3

CLARKE:

I looked around, I hadn't been out of my cell since I got arrested and that was a couple months ago. Nothing was new, the cell block was still the cold, metal section of The Ark that it always was. I looked down the row of cells to see my mom standing there.

"Mom! Mom!" I yelled out, fighting against the guard's grip.

"Let her go." She said calmly, the guard released my arm and I ran towards her. When I got to her I was greeted with a warm embrace.

"Shh, shhh it's okay Clarke. You're okay." She soothed, only then I realized that I was crying. I stepped back from her and she wiped the tears off my face.

"What's going on?" I choked back the tears again. I couldn't cry anymore, I had to be strong.

"You're going to the ground, you're going to Earth." My mom looked me in the eye, I knew she wasn't lying.

ABBY:

Clarke is such a strong girl, such a brave girl. The person I wish I could be, but that's what's going to keep her alive on the ground. If it's even livable.

"Look Clarke, I can't come with you. It's just the prisoners going, the 100 of you." I explained with a heavy heart. I didn't want to lose her, to let her go, but I knew it was for the best.

"When?" Clarke asked, a worried look spread across her face.

"Right now, once they gather everyone up." I said, avoiding her gaze.

Clarke just sighed.

"Come on, we should go." I said, gesturing towards the cell block exit. We walked towards it, slowly, not wanting to really go but I knew we had to.

"Clarke, you have to promise me something. You have to promise to be brave." I looked her straight in the eye, knowing it would possibly be the last time I see her.

"I will mom. You have to be strong okay? For me." Clarke responded. I just nodded, choking back the tears that I knew would come anyways.

Clarke was led onto the drop ship by one of the guards and strapped into her seat.

CLARKE:

I looked out the door of the drop ship one last time, meeting my mom's gaze. It was a mistake, she started to sob, collapsing on the ground. I couldn't even go over to comfort her.

The door closed.

I looked beside me, to see who was sitting next to me. I immediately regretted it.

"Wells!?" I was surprised. Wells used to be my best friend until my father was floated. Wells told his father, chancellor Jaha, about my father's discoveries. That's why he got floated. I haven't spoken to Wells since.

"Yeah... I heard about the drop ship and the 100 prisoners being on it. I had to come, to protect you." He said.

"What the hell! I don't need protecting, especially not from you!" I yelled and looked away.

"Look, Clarke, I'm sorry." He sounded ashamed.

"Sorry won't excuse what you did. You got my father killed." I hissed. I stopped the conversation right there, I didn't want to hear his voice anymore.

The ship started to accelerate. People were unstrapping themselves and floating around the ship.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" I yelled at them, they were going to get themselves killed.

"Listen to the princess, you're going to get yourselves all killed." A voice from across the ship said.

"What do you care Bellamy, you shot the chancellor just to get on here." Miller, one of the unstrapped people said.

"You shot the chancellor?!" I yelled, who the hell did he think he was?

"It's complicated." Bellamy replied, looking ashamed of himself.

WELLS:

My father had been shot. I was in shock, not able to speak. No one seemed to notice me or care though. Not even Clarke. Was he dead? Alive?

BELLAMY:

I had shot the chancellor. It wasn't my idea though, one of the guards had asked me to, said that he would get me on the drop ship if I did it. My sister, Octavia, was on the ship. You see, there is a law that you're only allowed to have one child on The Ark. To save oxygen. My mother had two, me and my sister. We had kept Octavia a secret for almost 16 years, hiding her under the floor boards whenever someone came knocking. Then I made some stupid decision to take her out and have some fun and she got caught. That's why I had to get on the ship, to protect her.

OCTAVIA:

I couldn't believe it. Bellamy was on the ship. I was too shocked to speak, he had shot the chancellor. Was he still the brother I knew and loved? or was he a monster?