The 100

Chapter 2

ABBY:

"Kane! Kane!" I yelled from behind him.

"What? I'm busy, I need to figure out a way to save all these people from dying over the next couple days." He snapped. He was talking about the people of The Ark, the ones who were slowly dying from oxygen deprivation.

"Just listen to me for a moment goddammit." I was annoyed, he wasn't listening and I needed him to listen.

"Fine." He crossed his arms and became silent.

"We're sending the 100 down to the ground tomorrow morning. We need your authorization since you're the chancellor's second. Can you give us that?" I asked as polite as I could.

"Yes, you're authorized. Are you sure the bracelets are ready?" He asked with a tone of respect.

"They'll have to be. We don't have a choice."

"Okay, tell the guard to get the ship ready."

******

KANE:

What if Abby's plan didn't work? What if the bracelets didn't work? Clarke, her only family, was being sent down on that ship and if she died Abby would be devastated. She would be alone. I hated how she could change things with the snap of a finger, but I had always had the utmost respect for her and I don't want her hurt.

PHILONIAS:

"So you have Kane's authorization?" I asked Abby.

"Yes." Abby answered. I nodded and contacted the guards, telling them to get the drop ship ready right away.

"Thank you, really." Abby said sincerely. I just nodded again, she had nothing to thank me for.

CLARKE:

I heard mumbling outside of my cell door. Not the normal conversation of the cell block guards, it was louder, like an argument. I moved closer to the door and attempted to hear what they were saying through the thick metal walls. The walls were too thick and I couldn't make out any of the words.

I sighed and leaned my back up against the wall, brushing my long blonde hair out of my face. I sat there for a couple moments before getting up and going back to my drawing.

I heard the door unlock, the click of the handle and then it was open. I stood up quickly, it wasn't visiting day or meal time. The only other reason for someone to come into my cell was to take me to my death. To float me. I backed up to the farthest wall, I didn't want to die. I wouldn't let them float me, I couldn't leave my mom here alone. It would break her. I couldn't let that happen.

"Clarke Griffin." A guard said in a deep voice.

"Yes. What do you want? I'm not 18 yet!" I was becoming panicked but I tried to hold it together. I wouldn't let them see me cry.

"Hold out your wrists." The guard said, moving closer to me.

"Why?" I asked.

No answer.

"Tell me!" I wasn't upset anymore, I was angry. They couldn't float me until I was 18, it was against the law.

"You'll know in time, just hold out your wrists." The guard tried to be polite, but you could see he was annoyed.

The door was still open, I could try to escape. But what would be the point? I would just get caught again anyways. I considered running for a moment but decided against it. I held out my wrists.

The guard slapped a cold metal bracelet onto one of them and led me out of my cell. I still had no clue what was going on, I had never seen these bracelets before but I was determined to find out.