Citizen Science!

Two haikus for you:

Citizen Science
Is a really easy way
To help with research

Research is the way
We learn how to best make change
For our world and us

*****
Sometimes it is the little things which are able to hit home with us, and help us see the bigger picture.

Knowledge is power, but research is often difficult in the field of biology and ecology. That's why I just wanted to make a small blurb on citizen science:

The scientific sensation that's sweeping the nation!

It requires A LOT of widespread data to learn about the natural world a d it's intricacies. One of my favorite initiatives is E-Birds by Cornell University. 

All you have to do is record what birds you see!

Don't worry if you do not know how to identify birds.  There are many apps which can help with ID. My personal favorite is Merlin Bird ID.  It's free, and will ask you questions about what you saw, and suggest likely birds. It will also ID from a photo you took!

When you record in Ebirds, it submits your finding into a worldwide database. Researchers use this to discover movement patterns, populations, and many other things!

Birds are an indicator species of their environment, meaning that we can learn alot about the health of an ecosystem from them. 2018 has been deemed the Year of the Bird!

 2018 has been deemed the Year of the Bird!

T

his is just one example of how YOU can help science make a difference!