Kidnapping isn't a crime. Right? Chapter 7

"Linky?"

"Linky!"

Someone was shaking me awake. I groaned.

"Linky!" It was Lu of course.

"Hmm." I groaned.

"Your Mommy told me to wake you up." She said innocently.

I opened my eyes and looked at her like she was crazy. "Lu, what have I told you about waking people up unexpectedly?"

"You haven't," she replied confused.

I thought about that... "Right." I said realizing that I never had told her anything about not waking me up so early in the morning. But I could have sworn that I told... Oooo! Ha oops that was Alba. My mistake. Oh well!

"Lu go back to sleep."

"But I'm not tired." she whined. I sighed and shakily stood up from the bed grumbling in other languages. "What are you saying?!" Lu asked loudly. She looked surprised and almost scared.

I had to chuckle. Her eyes were wide and curious. "That's Italian Lu."

"But- but I thought you were English." she stuttered.

I laughed. "No. Lu I speak English. People from England are English."

"Whoa, so what have I been speaking this whole time?!" She was hyperventilating. I sat her down on the bed.

"Lu calm down. You are speaking English. You're just from America."

"Then wouldn't I speak Americanish?"

"Lu, Americanish is not a language."

She abruptly stood up, and started pacing. "But how come English people speak English. Spanish people speak Spanish. People from Portugal speak Portuguese. But American people don't speak Americanish." Then she started talking another language, really fast. I looked at her wide eyed. It was like she didn't even notice that she was speaking another language.

"Lu." I grabbed her shoulders and made her stop. "What language are YOU speaking?" I asked confused.

"What?" she asked confused.

"Was that French?"

"Huh? What are-"

"Never mind. Let's go your Grandma's cooking pancakes." I sniffed the air the air smelling the aroma of my Mommy's famous pancakes. Then I realized what I said. "I mean my Mom is cooking..." I trailed off not knowing what else to say.

She smiled at me, then nodded. She took my hand and pulled me towards the bathroom. "Go, brush your teeth." She let go of my hand and started pushing me into the bathroom. She was basically pushing my butt, because that was how high her hands would go. She pushed me all the way to the counter where the sink was. "Now you brush your teeth, and I don't want you out of there till they are sparkling clean." With that she marched out of the bathroom and shut the door behind her.

After brushing my teeth for the third time Lu said that I was free to go, and finally I was able to eat! When we were done eating I went back to my room to get some clothes so I could take a shower.

When we were about to leave the house, Dad still hadn't come home. As usual.

"Are you sure your gonna be okay? I can stay if you want me to." I told mom as I held Lu to my side.

"Linc, please I'm strong I can take care of myself. I'm a twenty eight year old woman who can take care of herself."

"Mommy, your not twenty-"

"No one has to know if you don't tell them." she sang. She then looked at Lu and again her eyes welled up with tears. She out stretched her arms so Lu could hug her.

When they broke from their embrace Lu frowned. "Why are you crying? Are you sad? Did I do something wrong?"

"No, no, no, Lu I'm not sad. I'm happy."

"But your crying." Lu looked so confused. She couldn't understand why Mom was crying. She thought that you cried only when you're sad. She didn't get why you would cry when you're happy.

"Lu, people cry when there happy, too. Like I'm happy that I have you, and your Daddy in my life. And I'm happy that I finally got to meet you."

Lu hugged mom again. "Good, because I don't like it when people are sad."

Mom looked at me. "Me either." She kissed Lu's hair and sniffled. "Come on. You guys need to go. Come here Lincoln give your Mommy a hug."

I hugged her with Lu squished in the middle. "I love you guys." Mom murmured.

"You do?" Lu asked in a surprised voice.

Mom pulled away and looked at her. "Of course, honey. Why would you ask?"

Lu looked down sadly. "Mommy never tells me that she loves me." she mumbled.

Mom looked at me. I shrugged. Mom probably thought that MaryAnn was her Lu's Mother... well she didn't probably think, she did think that MaryAnn was her mother. And even if she was, it wouldn't have made any difference. MaryAnn never told Alba that she loved her. I actually have a theory that MaryAnn couldn't love anyone. I don't know what her problem was, but she just couldn't love. That's why she hurts others around her, because she has no love for them, therefore she goes around doing her own thing... acting pretty much selfish, but she doesn't know that, and it's not like she would care either.

But it still is sad that Lu's Mom never told her that she loved her. Who wouldn't love that little girl. She's cute, adorable, funny, overdramatic, smart...

And there I go again getting to attached. Man I so need to complete number two on my To Do List.

Tell Lu why I kidnapped her. And what better setting would it be if we went to the docks...