E I G H T

[ CHAPTER EIGHT OLD MEMORIES ]

ANGELA

Sometimes, I think about what it would be like if he didn't just leave

Sometimes, I think about what it would be like if he didn't just leave. Sometimes I think that maybe we'd be living together, married even, with a cute house and a dog. A nice, scruffy- but fluffy- dog. And sometimes, I think about this in the most inappropriate times, like right now. In the middle of work.
The diner had only a couple people seated, but the way their eyes glued to me as I stood silently by the register, I could tell I should probably stop.
Maybe stop thinking about him all together.
Now, it's more confusing than ever. Before, it was simple. He left, so I could sulk and cry but I got over it and lived my life- but now I have 16 year old boys calling my phone telling me I have to get back with him.
How could I even do that? Would I want that? Would he want that? He just broke up with his girlfriend, so obviously he forgot about me for some time. Maybe foreve-
"can I get a cup of coffee?"
A tall male, in his early 30s maybe leans against the fake laminated counter, a cocky smirk spread across his features.
"Decaf?"
My eyes move towards him quickly as I reach down under the counter where the white, porcelain coffee mugs are stacked neatly. I place one in front of him, his hand gripping it as he answers me back. "Regular, please."

I nod once, and turn my back towards him, grabbing the coffee pot and pouring the hot liquid into his mug. I mentally curse him for distracting my thoughts, and making me actually have to do my job instead of daydream about Dylan. He thanks me again and sits at a stool at the bar, watching the tv silently. My eyes flash towards the tv, and see the handsome face of my ex boyfriend once again,  and mentally curse him too, for being so god damned perfect.
+
[ FLASHBACK ]
"Where are you taking me, Dyl?"
The smile across my face widened as he held my hand tighter, and my feet began to sink into a soft surface.
I wiggled my toes, and felt the sand crunch in between them.
"Are we at the beach?" He laughed, and squeezed my hand- pulling me along even farther. I could hear the waves crashing against the wet sand, and retreating back into its home. The day was turning to night, and the cool air was whipping my hair across my face, the feeling made goosebumps shoot up my arms and cover my legs.
We stopped, and I felt my feet sink a little in the soft sand, the smile on my face never leaving as I heard his footsteps circle around me and stop, his hands grabbing my hips softly.
His fingers traced up my sides, making my shirt ride up a little, and I pressed my body against him lightly. I could feel his smile on my neck as his fingers finally reached the cloth that was knotted around my eyes.
"I love you, Ang."
The fabric left my face, making me blink a few times before finally being able to adjust to what I saw before me.
Small paper bags with little tea lights in them flickered softly in the darkening air, they circled around a large blanket, which had a basket on it.
I twirled around to face him, and I smiled as he peeked down at me. My hands wrapped around his neck, twisting his dark hair in my fingers as the wind made my blonde hair scatter across my face.
"I love you too, Dylan."
+
After we ate some sandwiches he had made, we sat quietly, hands intertwined, watching the sun set. The clouds were painted in all different deep tones. Purple on one, then yellow on another. Orange, pink, and blue scattered across the rest.
The waves splashed the shore, and every time the wind picked up, it would send small particles of the salt water across my face. Awaking me from the daydream that is this date.
My cheeks flushed with salt air, I looked over at Dylan, his eyes shinning with the colors of the setting sun, his dark amber eyes swimming across the waves. The freckles across his face and neck seemed to darken as the sun went further down, his pale skin being baked in a wonderful gold color.
He was truly a work of art.
His lips pulled upwards as he caught me staring, his eyebrow lifting as well, his head tilting slightly as he makes eye contact with me.
"What are you looking a-" his sentence wasn't met with an answer, instead a pair of lips that craved everything about him. A pair of lips that loved every inch of him, and knew, that tonight, those same lips would show it as well.
[ MATURE CONTENT AHEAD HEHE ]
+
PRESENT