S E V E N

[ OLD MEMORIES CHAPTER SEVEN]
[ FLASHBACK ]

[ OLD MEMORIES CHAPTER SEVEN][ FLASHBACK ]

ANGELA

Happy Valentine's Day,
My eyes roll in their socket, my fingers grazing against my dress as I sit, the empty living room becoming my environment.
A frown tugs against my lips, I can feel the shift of atmosphere as I hear another tick from the clock.
Seconds, minutes, hours.
They have all passed, seemingly meaningless against the boys promise to come pick me up at 3.
It was now 5:30.
Dylan O'Brien has never been one to drop plans, or skip out. Ironically enough, the day he does decide such actions, it's the day celebrated for love.
My lips part, and a sigh escapes them as I roll my shoulders back, finally regaining myself, and pushing my body from the soft cloth couch.
My feet echo softly as I walk back towards my room, my fingers still playing with the hem of my dress, tugging and twisting it gently.
After New Years Eve, we decided to make every emotion, every feeling, every moment between us official.
He asked me out right then and there, whispering the soft question into my ear as his body still pressed mine against the tree.
That day, was my favorite day. Everyday with him was my favorite day.
Until his time started to become devoted to something else.
+
12:02am
That's when someone came into my room.
❝babe- ❞
His fingers tugged at the blanket that wrapped around my body, his face showing sadness as I rolled over- sleep still holding me hostage.
❝Baby- ❞
He tugged harder, his fingers gripping at my arm slightly as I opened my eyes, the sensation shooting through me. My head rolled to the side in anxiety, not know who was here.
His brown eyes shifted as they looked at mine, his lips tugging slightly towards the corners as his thumb rubs soft traces on my arm.
❝baby, Ang, I'm so sorry. We came up with a really good video idea- and I just kind of got distracted. ❞
His longer fingers left my arm as he saw my squinted eyes, returning to the back of his neck as he scratched, a light blush gracing his cheeks as he covered his face with a bouquet of flowers.
The crinkle of the wrapping surrounding them sounded, and I moved so I could swing my legs out from the blanket, and stand.
He took a step back, eyeing me nervously over the delicate flowers, knowing I was mad.
I sighed, my fingers finally reaching towards the many bundled up stems as he gave me a soft smile.
❝you could have called me, anything Dylan. I was waiting in my living room for two hours- after that I knew you weren't going to come. ❞
My index finger traced over a small daisy as I turned around, placing the bouquet gently on my night stand. I reached for the knob of my lamp, twisting is gently as my eyes scanned over towards my window, seeing it opened- just enough for a skinny boy with brown hair to fit through.
I rolled my eyes.
❝I know babe, and I know sorry won't make up for it, but in my defense- it's a really good video. ❞
I turn back towards him, his hands are now shoved in his pockets as he watched me carefully.
A small, boyish grin appears on his face as I place one hand on my hip.
❝what's the video? ❞
I scoff slightly, the amount of anger left over from yesterday's disappointment is slowly evaporating as his smile widens.
❝Me. Wanna Be. Spice girls. Singing. ❞
He takes a pause in between each word, and I can't help the small twitch of my lips as they curve upwards slowly.
❝Oh my god Dylan, you're such a geek.❞
My cheeks redden as I imagine my boyfriend on the internet, singing Wanna Be by spice girls.
His soft fingers wrap around my wrist, tugging it down slowly. My eyes met his, and I can't help but lick my lips at our close proximity.
The air gets stuck in my throat as he inches even closer, his forehead resting against mine, his fingers slowly encasing my own.
❝Your geek, right?❞
He peeks at my eyes, then down to my lips.
My arms wrap around his neck, fingers curling in his hair gently.
❝Always,❞
I mutter, and his lips are on mine in an instant.
Our breath mingles as we gasp for air, our lips conforming to each others. My fingers scratch his neck, then go gently up into his hair more.
A groan from inside his throat bubbles through our encased lips, and it makes me gasp slightly.
His tongue follows suit, deepening the kiss.
His hands grab at my hips, then gently lower as he backs me up slowly, making my knees his the edge of my desk.
He parts only momentarily,
❝Jump,❞
He states, his voice breathy and deep. My legs do as told, and slowly wrap around his waist, locking together in the back as I push him toward me suddenly. His hands grace my thighs as we continue to kiss, his tongue exploring my mouth.
He detaches his mouth, and starts to trail kisses down my jawline, then slowly down to my neck. His swollen, damp lips gracing my heated skin.
He leans forward into me more, and something touches my thigh.
First I don't think of it as anything, too entranced by his lips sucking against my skin.
But then I feel it again, and it stabs into my inner thigh.
What the fuck?
❝Dylan, what the fuck is that?❞
I gasp as he sucks a little harder, making my head fall back more, and he just groans against my skin in response.
It keeps stabbing me, no matter how much I try to ignore it, and I reach down, finding his pocket to his shorts, feeling a box resting there.
I tug at it quickly, and he pulls away, gasping softly against my collar bone as he watches me fiddle with it in my hands.
A jewelry box?
❝oh shit!❞
Much to my disappointment, his body leaves mine all together, grabbing at the long box in my hands.
❝I didn't just get you flowers, I got you this too. I was going to give it to you but then,❞ he mumbles, looking down at me with a wicked grin.
I mimic my own, and watch as he opens it, the lid removing as I see a thin, simple, but elegantly beautiful   necklace sitting in it. His long fingers grab at it, showing it to me closely. A small, round diamond is placed in the middle, all on its lonesome. It's honestly beautiful, and I feel my eyes water as he grins down at me.
❝Turn around, ❞
His words stir me from my thoughts, making me hop down from the desk. I turn my back towards him, pulling my hair to one side as I feel the cool chain grace my skin.
He clasps it, and lets his fingers rest near my neck.
His breath fans over my ear, and he whispers.
❝I love you, Angela, Forever and always.❞
+
this is just a quick update because I've have a small riot of people come at my throat about updating and I read them and I'm like oh shit it's been a while but then I get sidetracked with other stupid school shit. It's my senior year in high school, so I've been trying to wrap my head around the fact I'll be graduating in about 4 months.
With that being said, it means I'm going to have to finish this book. I have a good plan in my mind, on how updates and future chapters are going to be like. Trust me, I will update. Eventually.
I love all of the comments and votes, and 3k reads thank you guys so much. Hope you all had a happy (but late) Valentine's Day. I swear I'm not going to update after every holiday.