p r o l o g u e

[ OLD MEMORIES PROLOGUE ]

Happy Birthday Dylan!

That adorable, goofy smile spread across his face, his eyes crinkling in the corners as he looked at the people squished into the little room.
His eyes found the small head of blonde hair, and surged forward his arms wrapping around her small waist.
She smacked him in the shoulder playfully as he lifted her up, his smile seeming to get wider.
He put her down, all his family and friends starting to move around, making the party ignite at once.
He looked down at the short blonde, his eyebrow lifting as his lips formed the next question.
❝Did you do all this?❞
Sure, he had just turned sixteen, but he didn't think it was that big of a deal.
But, with Angela--she always went above and beyond.
And he loved that so much.
Her smile captivated him, all of his attention focused on the joyful ball of energy in front of him.
His hands where still wrapped around her waist, so he gave them a small squeeze, and pushed her into his chest softly.
Angela's head only met in the middle of his chest- which he thought was adorable-, and he rested his chin on top of it as she wrapped her arms around his torso.
❝Of course I did, Dylan. You're one year closer to greatness. ❞
She winked at him playfully, and pulled away, grabbing his hand, forcing him into the crowds of family and friends, forcing the boy to do something humiliating.
Dancing.
But it wasn't so bad, because he got to watch Angela sway her hips to the music, him wishing so desperately that his hands still held them.
+
Now, this is just a sneak peek, but I'm so excited for this story! And it's going to be such a fun plot to write.
Thanks to wanderings- for commenting and also being excited for this book! It made me really happy, and this short little page is dedicated to you.
Plus, this isn't doing justice for all the cute and hateful ideas I have coming.