Falling For You - Part 8

Kirito smiled, then walked over to Asuna, which she was fighting some monsters. You didn't know what was going on. Your relationship with Kirito felt stronger than before, and you flutter whenever he talks to you.

Asuna invites me over. You look up from looking at the dirt. Kirito wasn't there.

"Where's Kirito?" You look around eagerly.

"I dunno, he told me he had to get something." She said awkwardly.

"So... how long have you two been together?" Asuna says as she slices another plant's head off.

"Pretty long.. A few years. Our anniversary was supposed to be in a week. I mean, it still is but obviously--" You said trailing off before she cut you off.

"So you both don't have any problems?" She says while putting her sword back in her pocket.

"Dude, what's the deal? Do you like him or something?" You say covering your mouth, trying not to be rude.

"Uhhh.. No. I just wanted to know. What gives? Now you're the curious one." She rolled her eyes and didn't look at your eyes.

"Whatever. I just need you to back off a bit, mkay? He already has someone that he loves." You say, teasing her.

She looks frustrated, but doesn't say anything.

You smile in response and turn around. What's her deal? They legit just met. Now you're figuring out if you believe in 'love at first sight,' because now you have second guesses.

You both just stay in awkward silence before you turn around and see her with a stick drawing on the ground. She's drawing what seems to be a heart. You look more carefully until a plant was about to slice her hand off. You took out your sword and charged at it, slicing it in one hit.

"Hey, what's the problem? You ruined my--" She looked up as she saw the particles disappear.

"Oh." She says before she starts drawing again.

You scoff and admire the atmosphere. You look at her again.

"thanks." She mumbled, barely audible.

"What was that?" You say, teasing her.

"I SAID THANK YOU!" She says, on the verge of screaming.

"Woah, woah, I got the message."

"You're welcome." You can't help but have a smirk form on your lips.

It was again silence until she spoke up.

"You should've let that thing kill me. Everyone thinks I'm a piece of crap, and no one cares about me. Now I come into your life and try to steal your guy. I really am an idiot." She says while ruining her drawing with her shoes.

She looks up, almost about to cry.

"Honestly, you're a cool girl, Asuna. I mostly talk to guys, but you seem like a cool girl. Sometimes I think I'm not good enough or I'm a failure. But Kirito helps me with it. Now, it may seem like that, but once you meet the person fate tells you, they will put a spark in your life and patch the holes in your heart. Just like Kirito did to me." You say, sitting down next to her.

"I still hate you, but you're pretty cool. Sorry if I seem like a bitch sometimes, hate me if you want. But I will still try to steal Kirito from you, just saying." Asuna puts her chin on her folded legs.

"Why?" You question.

"I don't know. My mind is telling me not to, but my body has to. It's this feeling I've never had before, I don't know. I'm weird.." Asuna says as she kicks dust.

"I've been feeling it too.. Kirito is like, magic or something. I get butterflies whenever I'm near him, and before I did, but this feeling is special." You say as you doodle on the dirt.

"Having a bonding?" Kirito sits next to you, making you between Kirito and Asuna.

You smile at his presence. He sees the doodles you made on the ground and smiles. You lay your head on his chest, and close your eyes.

"Tired?" Kirito says as he ruffles your hair.

"Where were you?" You say as you get comfortable on his chest.

"I found a rare rabbit and wanted to loot." He said.

Asuna was looking down, but her head jolted up when he said that. "Rabbit?! Rare!?"

"Yup. Meat." Kirito says as he plays with your hair.

Asuna ignores you and Kirito and dozes off. "I can cook that! It's super rare! Please! Let me cook it! We can eat it, I'll pay you!" Asuna says really quickly.

"Sure. Your cooking level  is  maxed, right? Kirito says as he keeps playing with your hair.

"Yup! That's why my level on sword skills isn't as high as other beta testers." Asuna quickly covers her mouth as she says that.

"Oh, you're a beta tester too?" Kirito says as he sighs.

"Thank god." Asuna says. "I thought you guys were gonna go ham or something."

You pretend to sleep and try not to laugh. 'Go ham' Nice pun. Ha, Ha, get it? Cooking. Wait, why are you explaining the joke she made in your head?

"Nah, we're cool. We're both beta testers." Kirito says a bit quietly.

"Cool. No wonder your sword skills are so high." Asuna says.

"Looks like she's asleep." Kirito says as he stops playing with your hair. You then open your eyes a bit to see what he does. Fortunately, he doesn't catch you.

"I think we should sleep here, it's getting late." Kirito says as he gets two sleeping bags from your bag.

"We didn't know you were coming along, obviously, so we only got two sleeping bags. I'll sleep with sleeping beauty here since she's already asleep." Kirito says as he hands a sleeping bag to Asuna.

Asuna laughs a bit for some reason, and then grabs it.

He then puts a lantern in the middle and layed down. He took you off of him, and put you next to him.

You felt his warmth next to you, almost making you smile.

"Can we go to my place tomorrow? I really wanna cook that meat. I'll give you both extra! Trust me, it's going to be the best meat you ever tasted." She says with excitement.

"Sure." Kirito says as he turns the light setting to 'Low.'

He then hugs you and you smile with your head buried in his chest. You then fall asleep before you heard Kirito mumble something.

"Goodnight, Goober."