Sandwich~Kun - Part 4

"Really? So you're telling me, that the first boss has already been found during the game-master saying his speech?" Kazuto looks at me in the eyes without blinking.

"Yup. Some of the code got glitched and some players didn't get teleported in the beginners circle and were teleported in another random area. Some players got teleported right outside the boss room and found their way out and marked it." You said, making yourself seem smart.

"Woah, the room must've been full or something--- there's no way the code could be glitched."

"Yeah, there is. The nervegear gets waves from in the game. For example, the game gets information from the real world and uses it here. There might've been a small bug taking off the 'log out' button, and making changes to the HP drain." You said.

"Wow, saying that makes me feel smart." You tapped your head lightly.

"More of a nerd." Kazuto mumbles.

"I'm just going to pretend I didn't hear that." You say with an irritated face.

"Let's head to a group then, we can't go alone. First boss seems really hard." You scratch your head.

"I suggest we team with those guys you were talking about." Kazuto says as he starts walking down a path.

You follow behind him. "So.. this first boss is like.. do you know how it looks like?" You ask.

"Nope, never seen him or the location."

"So is it like--" Kazuto cuts you off as he puts his finger in front of your lips.

"Shh." Kazuto keeps his finger there as you look at him with confusion.

"Someones here. We gotta go." He grabs your hand.

"Wait wha- What do you mean?!" You take his hand and he uses his dash ahead.

"Wooahhhh!" You say, not used to the speed because apparently his dash is 10x faster than yours.

"They can easily follow us, but now we're in a safe zone. Let's get some rest, I need more stamina." Kazuto says as he pants really loudly.

You looked dazed. "I got something that can help." You smile at him.

"What is it?" He pants louder.

You sit down and blink alot, trying to maintain your composure. You then pull out a sandwich from your inventory and place it on the bench. He blinks and then takes it really quick. He munches on it loudly.

"I love you." He says while eating almost all of it in one bite.

"I love you too." You say with a smile.

"Oh, you too." He says with a smirk.

"There goes your snack break." You cross your arms.

"Oh, I'm sorry!" He quickly says as he finishes his sandwich.

"I love sandwich~kun." Kazuto says as he finishes and taps his stomach.

"And you don't love me?" You narrow your eyes at him.

"Of course!" He says, sounding offended.

"So, who do you think was following us back there?" You say, wondering who it could be.

"I dunno, all I know is that it was someone. Definitely not an animal. I could hear the footprints and something rustling through trees and bushes." Kazuto responds.

"We gotta keep being careful." You say, looking around for anything.

"Ugh, it's my fault for saying so much about the boss-- and also my fault for not raising my hearing skill. Sorry." You say, looking down at the sandwich that fell out of your hands.

"Nah, it's okay. It's nobody's fault. Plus, we're still alive, so that counts." Kazuto smiles, leaning on your shoulder.

"So where's that team or guild-- or whatever you call it?" You ask, putting your hand and rubbing Kazuto's hairs.

"Not sure, but we're going to find it." Kazuto says as he pulls up his menu.