The End: Part 2

When Lance woke up, the first thing he saw was Keith's face. They were in their bed back at the apartment, lying with the other's hand on their cheek. The room was dim, but he could tell the sun was out. He groaned and sat up, pulling the blanket off his leg. It was healed. Thank god. He looked back at Keith.

Keith was sleeping soundly; his chest rose and fell slowly, almost dreamlike. Lance negotiated with himself- should he stay with Keith or see what happened while they were asleep? In the end, he lifted the blanket off and stood up. He noticed he was dressed in his boxers and an oversized white t-shirt. Ignoring the strangeness of the situation, he exited their room.

He peeked around the corner to find Katie sitting on the couch, typing on her computer; Shiro was on his phone with Coran leaning on his chest. Lance took a timid step and let out a small voice. "Hello?"

Katie and Shiro immediately looked up at him. Pidge tossed her computer on the table and ran over to hug him. Shiro woke Coran and they joined her.

Katie cried into his shirt, "I'm so sorry!"

"Hey," Lance pet her hair, "don't be. I'm just fine."

They let go of Lance to ruffle his hair or pat his back. Coran rested a hand on his shoulder, "Would you like something to eat?"

Everyone sat at the dining table, watching Lance eat a bowl of tomato soup. He took a sip, "You guys are creepy."

"We're just happy you're back!" Pidge jumped up.

"Does, um," Lance scratched his head. "Does anyone want to tell me what happened? How long have I been asleep?"

Coran stepped in, "You and Keith have been asleep for three days. We've all stayed here until you two woke."

Lance turned to look toward the bedroom, "Is he okay?"

Shiro sighed, "We're not sure how injured Keith was. Hopefully, he should wake up soon."

Lance took a few breaths, "Thank you guys, really. But-"

Everyone gave him worried and curious looks. He cleared his throat, "But do you mind leaving me alone with Keith?"

Pidge opened her mouth to protest, but quickly shut it. Shiro tapped their shoulders and shrugged. He gave Lance a friendly smile, "Sure. Call us when he's up."

"I will."

Lance lied back in bed hugged Keith to his chest. Keith slept for a few more hours, but he eventually woke with a groan. Lance let him go and got up.

Keith rubbed his forehead with his palm and sat up, "What. Uh, Lance?"

Lance grabbed his face and kissed him deeply, "Yeah, I'm here."

Keith wrapped his arms around Lance's shoulders. "I love you."

Lance snickered, "I know." He nuzzled his head into Keith's neck, "I love you, too."

They pulled away and stared into each other's eyes. Keith stroked Lance's cheek with the back of his fingers. "Are you okay?"

Lance flashed him a warm smile, "I am now."

Keith leaned in to his face, but hesitated. "Is this al-"

Lance pulled him into a passionate kiss and maneuvered his way onto his lap.

"Ew! Dad!" Caleb whined with a scrunched up face, "Skip that!"

Lance laughed at his son, "I'm just messing with you, Kai!"

"It was a great day, though," Keith leaned over to kiss Lance's temple, holding a cup of coffee in his free hand.

"Oh my god, please stop!" Caleb covered his face and leaned onto the table.