Chapter Twelve- No Warning

"Did Alice have a vision about this at all?" I asked Esme hearing the loud sigh come out of her mouth.

"Not that I know of, but I am trying to stay calm." Esme said as I heard the shakiness in her voice. She then dipped the cloth back into the blood-stained water and went back to work. "Now, Jacob." She said now finishing up my face and squeezing out the left-over water out of the cloth back into the bowl. "I can hear that Jasper wants to talk to you in seeing that Edward won't co-operate, so I'll give you two some perverse." Esme said taking the bowl and making her way out of the room, and then curly blond entered the room.

"No one was expecting this, and I'm surprised that Alice didn't see this coming." Jasper said now pacing around the room.

"She was supposed to be watching her." I said angrily now moving off the bed.

"I now Jacob and that's exactly what she said, but whatever Renesmee saw out there is not one of us." He ended with saying before meeting my anger stare. Something about that I thought to myself must be why my brain keeps taking me back to the tree. Maybe the tree has some important significance to this puzzle? "The plan would probably be best to tell you now since no one else will cooperate. We thought that we could use you and Renesmee as bate and take the chance to use the prom as a trap." Jasper said, and I was glad he actually brought that up again. I'm not a man for wearing tight fitting suit, so I wonder what ideas Alice has in store for me? Apart from that, I can't really get my head around the idea on how we could pull an ambush at prom, since how all the innocent humans will be around?

"You got to be joking, right?" I asked seeing if that really was the plan. He nodded his head and then looked away.

"What else are we supposed to do, Jacob? Because remember, Renesmee is dying right now, isn't she?" He looked at me angrily shouting the truth that I have been trying to avoid. Right now, nothing was even going right and it all started going bad once I opened my eyes this morning. Seth had overheard my conversation with father and Sam talking about Alice's vision the night before. Right when I had made it to the breakfast table, Seth started yelling at me saying that I wasn't keeping a close eye on Renesmee enough, adding how this was my entire fault. Oh, how I miss hearing Renesmee voices telling me that we are going to get through this together, but she isn't here.

"I'm sorry for shouting at you, Jacob, but really we are all over the place. Even I'm having trouble controlling my feelings. You should probably go now and be with her, I'm sorry Jacob." He said finally looking at me sadly. "For it might even be your last."

"Yeah, I know thanks curly. For everything" I said as I made my way out of the room and slowly down the stairs. I had to see her, before I let her go.

I was surprised to find Leah wasn't following me out the house. At least that might mean she is warming up to the vampires. As I started driving along the freeway on my motorbike, all I was thinking about was how all my family would be there in my room, crying and telling themselves that this all can't have just happened. Carlisle is there I know trying to see if he can do anything, but really, I think we are all too late. Maybe I should just kill myself now, so I could be with her? Now thinking about it all it doesn't really sound like a bad idea, but that would just mean putting other's lives in danger and we don't want that, do we? Never mind, we're coming up to the house now. There were a lot of cars packed around the house, now including my motorbike. I knew this all would be hard, having to always feel like crying every two seconds, but that just seems to be my life now.

As I stopped the engine of the motorcycle, out of the corner of my eye I noticed Alice step out from the front door of my house.

"Can I have a word before you go in, Jake?" Alice asked me, reminding me that Renesmee is still left inside dying, because of my mistake.

"Why, has she finally gone?" I asked getting off the vehicle accidently dropping it on the ground, and walking over to her, shaking in fear that I had missed her last moments.

"I just wanted to tell you something you should know about." She started to say, as my knees started to give way again, panicking on the idea of what she was about to say. "I haven't told anyone this, Jacob, and I just hope this was the right thing to do. Just please don't kill me when I tell you, please?" Alice said as I now looked into her bright yellow pleading eyes. I just nodded my head slowly, looking down at the floor getting ready to hear what she was about to say. "Jasper is right, it isn't one of us, but it must be one of you, so do you remember anyone who had a liking to Renesmee besides yourself?" She looked at me, but I just shock my head, if there was someone then she would have told me about them by now, wouldn't she, I just thought it was always me, but maybe Renesmee is hiding an important secret from me?

"What are you meaning, Alice? What has she not told me about?" I now looked at her hoping Renesmee hasn't have lied to me. I thought all relationships were built on trust, or was ours not?

"I'm sorry, Jacob, I'm so, so sorry. I thought Renesmee had told you this, but I guess not." She looked at me and then I just couldn't take it anymore. I stormed off behind her, through into the house, not saying a word. I could tell she was shocked, but then I got the feeling she was expecting that reaction from me. I was all mixed emotions right now, and I have no idea how much more I can take any longer. I wish I could go back to when everything was going to plan and was all perfect. Right now, it felt like every good thing was being taken away from me. The more I tried to make it better, the more it back fired on me.

The sounds of people crying, and the sound of people shouting at each other, lead me to my room. I could tell Renesmee was still here as our gravity pull got stronger and stronger as I walked more towards my room. As people started noticing my appearance as I got into the hallway everyone started to move out and give me some space. My head was still down looking towards the floor not wanting to see there crying faces just yet. When the last person left I was now on my knees right next to her at her bed side. I had the feeling whatever Carlisle tried to do he couldn't save her. Now, it was my turn to try. This all can't be my end with her; I started thinking in my head. I never pictured myself going to do this. Saving the love of my life was never on my bucket list, but I could add it on now, I guess. What would happen if I couldn't save her? Could I live with myself being alone forever? I just couldn't go and believe that thought was about to become real. Really, all I wanted was to hear Renesmee telling me that everything is going to be okay and we would get through this, together.