Chapter Five-Emma's Story

I looked everywhere for Emma, thinking she was sitting somewhere by herself, but I later found out she wasn't. For Emma, she has a very loud voice, but a sweet personality. Handy for me to find her again when all I have to do is follow her voice. Unexpectedly, as I followed her voice it leads me to a sight I never thought I would see. A beaten up looking Seth. That was when I realized that the rumors were true. My Jacob had really beaten up my best friend, but why? It doesn't even look like Emma knows about what is going on because she is looking really worried at him.

"Seth, please tell me what is going on." Emma asked as I unnoticeably took my seat next to Jacob who still wasn't talking to me. Seth now seemed to be not eating his food anymore and had started playing around with his fork.

"Say it Seth. Tell her the true." Jacob muttered lifting up his head to quickly look at him, before looking back down at his food.

"Emma, there is something I need to tell you." He started saying before giving me the 'I'm sorry, I can't do this look', before continuing.

"What is going on Seth?" Emma said inching her body away from Seth and looked him straight in the eyes.

"Um...these are my two best friends I was telling you about, remember?" Seth said at a fast rate looking over at me and Jacob. Emma had now moved her tray back closer to Seth scanning me and Jacob up and down, but still didn't look totally convent that was all Seth was going to say.

"That isn't all, is it, Seth? Tell me what you really were supposed to say, now." Emma demanded, but he just said nothing expected looked at me. I got the feeling Seth knew I knew about the fight he had with Jacob, but I didn't get why he wasn't going to tell Emma about it?

"I was actually going to say that...Um....Renesmee's has a boyfriend and his name is Jacob." Seth splattered out, before quickly shoving food into his mouth so he wouldn't have to say anymore. I could tell now that Jacob couldn't handle Seth being mean anymore because...

"You know what; I can't take any more of this lying nonsense." Jacob said throwing his chair to the other side of the room. Rage now was pouring out of him, leaving a red stain over his face that I have never seen before. What was I supposed to do now? My boyfriend was now on the run and my best friend is lying to his girlfriend, but why? I thought that I should probably go after him, but I can't just leave Emma here without someone who is going to be honest to her.

"Well you know what, I can't do this anymore either." Seth declared running away in the opposite direction than Jacob. Now it was just Emma and I left with not knowing what to do with ourselves. We sat there in awkward silence, until I decided if no one was going to tell her what is going on, then I will.

"Emma, there is something important I need to tell you." I started saying before I heard the most heart breaking sound ever. Emma had just started crying. It wasn't very loud, probably because we were still seated in the cafeteria and she didn't want everyone to know, but I could still hear her. I wasn't sure if it would be a good idea if I went over and comforted her, but I couldn't just leave her there, broken. "Emma I..." I started to say as I slowly came round to sit next to her, but before I had even sat down she too went running. Why did it have to be today for everything to go wrong?

Like the good girl I am, I put everybody's rubbish away, before I headed off to find the heart broken Emma. As I started heading down the hall in the direction that she went, I landed across the toilets. Going into the girl's bathroom I was surprised to only find a few girls fixing up their make-up, but nobody else, expected a crying Emma in one of the many cubicles. Walking casually into the free cubicle that was next to Emma, I sat down on the closed toilet lid waiting for the other girls to leave. After about three minutes the girls left leaving me and Emma alone in the bathroom.

"I know you're in there, Emma. Please tell me what is going on and I don't care how long I have to wait." I said knocking on the left side of the cubicle where Emma was. Her loud crying now had died down leaving me with the sound of her sniffling.

"You don't understand, Renesmee. Everything now is a complete mess and I don't know what to do anymore. I thought that this time coming here would be different, but it just feels like I'm back home with everything going wrong." Emma said before letting out another good cry. I really wanted to climb over the wall dividing us and give her a comforting hug, but then that might not be a good idea.

"Don't believe that you know everything about me, because you don't, but know one thing... you're right about me." Emma said leaving me confused. Reaching into my school bag I pulled out this diary and started flicking through the pagers. Nothing seemed to be jumping out until I reached the part where I first meet Emma.

"The snow wolves are real?" I asked thinking that was what she was referring too.

"Yes, Renesmee, that is right. I know that before you thought your grandmother was just telling you another story, but you're wrong there." Emma said letting out a small happy laugh.

"How do you even know about my grandmother, let alone, anything about my family, when I haven't even told you anything about them? Plus, that doesn't explain why a snow wolf like you, would come all this way here?" I asked confused as to why one of them would come all the way here out of their comfit zone.

"So, let me tell you a story then. Along time ago your adoptive grandmother used to be friends with my mum, but then they lost touch. Now, not to long ago your grandmother sent my mum a letter asking for some help over something, but told me nothing about what was inside. Confused and curious I was to find out what the letter was about, I sneaked into the living room to find the letter in the rubbish bin at night, reveling a problem that was actually asking for my help. I don't think I will ever know why my mother never told me about the letter, or why she chucked it in the bin, declining help to an old friend, but I guess I will never know." Emma said before getting out her drink bottle, taking a drink and then continuing.

"Inside the letter was a task I thought would be easy, but when I first started on the job, something happened that was super unplanned for.... I want to believe that my parents care for me and love me, but when it comes to their drinking problem, I don't think that they do. Most nights they would come home drunk and angry taking their anger out on us, leaving bruises and scars that we would have to lie to the teacher about the next day. Seeing my younger brother Leo left with a childhood full of darkness, I knew I had to find a way to save him. All I ever wanted was our family to go back to the way things were before. I know my parents deep down still love us, but I don't know how to save them. At night I left telling my brother I would be back, but now I'm not sure when that will be after what has just happened. I should probably come out of here now" She said as I heard her get up, come out of the cubical, and move over to wash her hands in the sinks.

As I did the same, I heard her sigh loudly before carrying on with her story. "When I first came to your lovely town of Forks, I never expected to find happiness here, let alone a family that actually treats me as one of their own. Since I'm not from around here, your grandmother suggested that I need to stay with people who are like the same as me, not the opposite of me. Your grandmother then led me to the werewolves' house pointing out that I couldn't stay with her vampire bunch. This all leads me to how I meet Seth who then imprinted on me. Getting to spend more time with Seth, since I was now living with him, we started to fall in love with each other. One night when Seth and I were the only ones left sitting round the camp fire, I decided that the time had come to tell him about my family, something I have never shared with anyone. I always thought that a good relationship was about being able to trust each other with anything, believing that the person you told wouldn't tell a soul. After what has happened in the cafeteria today, I'm worried that maybe Seth has told someone and doesn't want me to know. That is why thinking about it all; I don't think I can trust him anymore." She ended with saying as she then turned off the tape and went over to the hand dryer to dry her hands.

After hearing Emma's story, I'm not sure if I can even trust Seth anymore. What would happen if he told Jacob about Albert? Maybe that is what he is trying to hide? Plus how he doesn't want Emma to know about the fight he shared with Jacob? That all still doesn't explain why he would do this to me and Emma?

"Listen, we should probably go to the library now, since lunch has almost ended." She said resting her hand on the door handle. I nodded my head right when I throw the piece of paper away that I was drying my hands with in the bin.