Chapter Three- School Problems

When I came into school there seemed to be something off with my class. It wasn't my friend Sarah, because she was still her naughty self on her phone in class again and it wasn't my other friend Chloe who was writing in her diary (probably about her new boyfriend Sam). This time it seemed to come from the back-corner desk on the right. Sadly, my eyes landed on Jacob. I could tell when I took my seat next to him. I have learnt with Jacob that getting to make him laugh was a good way to make him change moods, but it didn't go well this time.

"Hey, Jake?" I whispered to him.

"What?" He said still in a whisper, but sounded annoyed that I asked.

"What does one plus one equal?" I said, telling a joke I remember reading off a joke book from the library.

He then shrugged his shoulders and turned his back on me. How rude I thought. Since I hate just leaving things unanswered I finished the joke for him.

"Windows, get it?" I said trying to keep my cool and not show my anger. Deep down, I was shattered on how Jacob wasn't showing any attention to me and giving me the cold shoulder. Had I done something wrong to him that I didn't know about?

Just then, a man entered the room. "Sorry to interrupt your class Miss. Kerswell, but I need to speck to Mr. Black in my office, now please." Our principle Mr. Theelen said in his deep voice. I looked over at Jacob now and he got up, banging his chair into the table annoyed. Good luck dealing with his bad temper Principle T, I thought to myself.

I inched my chair closer to Sarah and whispered into her ear, "Do you know what is wrong with him?" Hoping that she would know since I wasn't here before school started.

"Some people say it is a result from the fight he started getting stopped in the corridor, but maybe it is because he slept on the wrong side of the bed? I'm sorry Nes, I really don't know." She whispered back to me, but it didn't make me stop worrying about him. Then I started thinking about my other friend Seth who might know what is going on with him, but Seth sits way at the front of the class so I would have to ask him later.

The bell went for first period, signaling the end of form time, but Jacob hasn't come back yet. I was starting to get more worried now. Luckily, I court up with Seth so I could ask him about what he knows about Jacob's bad mood.

"Why don't you ask him why he is being a big fat pain in the behind?" Seth angrily said walking fast away from me shoving people as he rushed past. It seems like everyone has woken up on the wrong side of the bed today. Hopefully everything will go back to normal when break comes around.

English was my first period and always the subject I looked forward to the most, but this time Jacob wouldn't be there, leaving me with Seth who was giving me the silent treatment, all period. This time when the principle came again, I was kind of glade that he took Seth with him, but disappointed that he didn't come back with Jacob.

"Mr. Clearwater, you're up now." He said as Seth came up, pushed his chair in exactly like Jacob did, but walked out with a bit of a worried expression. What would he be worried about? Yes going to the principal's office is always a worrying idea, but I didn't think that was just it. Something was defiantly going down and I felt determined to find out exactly what that was. Why does the principle want to talk to my two best friends, together? Maybe what Sarah actually told me could be real and not just a rumor? How Seth and Jacob could have actually gotten into a fight with each other, and Jacob doesn't want to admit to me that he started it? I thought that Jacob had changed his bad boy ways, or was I wrong?

Now with Seth gone, English was one of the worst periods I had all day. I really do hate not having anyone to talk to when I finish my work early, so all English I sat there writing in here all of what I was thinking. Reading back what I wrote peevishly, there was one thing I was certain about. Was I likely to be called up next to the principal's office? Obviously, since both Seth and Jacob were already there. Was I even ready to face the fact that my boyfriend started a fight with my best friend on the school premises? Really, I don't know what to believe. Luckily, by now English class had finished, but I still had one more period before break.

I was really looking forward today being able to have some fun with Jacob and Seth, but both of them aren't here. Today and tomorrow are the last two days where we have normal classes, plus where I plan to just muck around. Tomorrow is the day we get our papers and really get into things. How am I even going to be able to concentrate with everything going on? I knew that my life would always be difficult for me, but not this difficult. All my teachers have said that I'm ready, but I feel like I'm not even close. I haven't even found time to read over my notes yet and my notebook is full. As I walked towards my next period it wasn't really helping thinking about all the obstacles I have on my plate. At least in Math it gives you problems, but at least they come with answers.

If I asked my teachers how they would describe me, they would probably say, someone who never gets off track and always finishes their work early. I think though if they were asked to describe me today they would probably say, it seemed she was always staring out the window. As I tried to figure out my Math problems nothing seemed to be coming to me. Usually, just by looking at the question I could straight away give you answer without any working out, but today, nothing. Maybe it was because all I was doing was thinking about why I haven't been called up yet? I kepted looking at my watch thinking that they would want to ask me some questions by now, but no one has come to collect me yet.