I wasn't in the least embarrassed about Alan seeing me, he had been with the Council as long as I had. He told me he had been in a fight where he had been bitten by a demon and gained powers, losing his existence and becoming a shadow. He had fallen in love with another shadow, Kendal Kline, my shadow. Kendal had helped him with his problems handling the change, but they didn't last he never told me what happened though and I never pried.

"Sure," he said standing from where he sat on my bed. We walked towards the door and I exited first. Tonight we were going to kill a demon that had gone in a killing spree for reasons unknown.

"Don't get in the way," I taunted him and he bumped our shoulders together playfully.

"Speak for yourself," he answered running off in front of me and I followed. He had become my best friend here, the Council wasn't a place for friends so the fact that I had made a friend kept me from doing anything. Alan had taught me about how to tell if someone had spilled the blood of the innocent or had not and that was how I chose whether to carry out a job or not.

Once outside we headed towards the highway. I had brought forth my wings, but I refused to use them unless my life depended on it. So I looked around waiting a few seconds before starting off the the right.

"How do you do that?" Alan demanded.

"What?" I frowned.

"Know where you're going?" He asked.

"I just do." Was all the answer he received as we continued to walk and I curved down a road that headed into a small town that wouldn't be worth as someone's pit stop. I looked around with a satisfied smile.

"Are you sure we didn't take a wrong turn back there?" Alan frowned and I shook my head heading towards a small bar. I sat down in a stool and Alan sat next to me.

"What can I get you?" Asked the bartender.

"Have any water?" I asked.

"A beer." Alan answered.

He nodded and came back with a cool glass of water and a tall glass of beer coated at the top with foam that Alan ignored as he drank half down. I look a long drink from my water before looking around swiftly until I found what I was looking for before I grinned widely. Alan noticed and looked around until he spotted them as well. A neat collection of Missing posters filled with the faces of those that were dead no doubt.

"So you were right," Alan said with a shrug. "Who cares?"

"No one," I answered. "But you're paying this time 'round."

"Don't I always?" He grumbled.

"Because you lose every time," I answered as I walked out the bar and stretched swiftly before heading off towards the part of town that was darkest now.

"I'm guessing you know where he is?" Alan followed close behind.

"Of course." After going through twists and turns I came to seeing a tall dark man draped in ropes of black who had a girl gripped tightly in his hand, her throat ripped out as he teared through it. I didn't bother stopping him from finishing his meal. The girl was dead anyways.

"Shit," Alan muttered and he turned to us glaring at us both.

"Really?" I turn to Alan glaring as well.

"My bad." He smiled sheepishly before shrugging. We heard a low growl and turned to see his eyes glowing brighter than when he was feeding. He let the dead girl drop to the ground and he charged towards Alan. I pushed Alan out of the way getting slammed into brick wall with a groan a cold hand wrapped around my neck. When I looked closely at the man, he wasn't a man. He was warped and his mouth was torn from ear to ear as he opened wide to bite me I noticed that there were more than just the one row of sharpened teeth ready to dig into me.

Before he could bite he was thrown to the other side of the alley and I was released with Alan by my side.

"You own me," he said smugly with a bright cocky smile.

"Who was the one that got his attention to begin with?" I growled, and he looked away. "Let's just finish this."

The man was already running towards us and I moved to the side and Alan took over taking the man by the neck between his arms snapping his neck in two until he was no longer able to move and he fell to the ground limply with a rather loud thud.

"He wasn't that much trouble," Alan said smirking down at the body before walking alongside me heading to the exit of the alley, but then there were steps close behind. I turned to see the man inches from me ready to kill, I started to fall back and he reached for my neck. His teeth were so close and his breath brushed over my face intoxicating me with the smell of death. I knew I had let my guard down and whatever happened after this I would deserve.

Before I could have taken whatever it was that was coming to me that I accepted despite the consequences the man was pinned to the wall by a single hand. The man fought under the grip of the other growling as his mouth ripped open wide ready to attack as his claw-like fingers ripped through the others muscular arm making huge gashes blood dripped to the ground, but the grip only tightened as the guy turned to me. He tossed his head back so that his hair would fall away from his eyes as he met my gaze smiling wide with those same jade eyes. I momentary froze staring into those glowing eyes.

"Hey, Ciel," he said in a beautiful voice. "You look like you've seen a ghost."

A/N: Still feel kinda bad to anyone who felt sad after reading the last chapter...But I guess you guys are kinda used to the whole me being insane in the author's note.... -____-

So happy birthday to anyone who has a birthday(doesn't even have to be today really, just happy birthday to you all)....even if they're not reading it 'cause I wouldn't be on my birthday...Yeah that's a lie, I'd be reading on my birthday....(Oh and 4th of July too!) >-<

Oh back to the story, being conceited again, huh? Well yes, that in fact was who you think it was in the end! Not that I know who you think it was at the end... But if it makes you happy, yes, that was her! Ha ha, I meant him! :)

Oh! And surprise to you all in a link at the bottom in a comment! I'm not going to be stupid and put if in the book because then you can't just click it...I hope it works....If it doesn't then someone scream epic fail. And I'll just have to send it to anyone that does leave a comment. Yes, I will click on the clicky thingy go to your profile fan you and send you the link then be mean and unfan you! And fan you again right before saying psych, 'cause no one says that anymore.(Only if it doesn't work though.) ^-^