Chapter 1

God I hate the snow.

I am not even exaggerating when I say this.

I literally hate the damn thing.

Being raised in a country which was hot mostly all through the year, you would think that I would enjoy snow. Some people might even be enthralled to be in a country like Georgia which had beautiful seasons all around the year.

Georgia is a beautiful state. It enjoys a varied climate but is mostly subtropical. The summers here are hot and humid and winters are cold. While the northern mountain peaks are permanently covered with snow, the west coastal areas by the Black Sea enjoy a balmy weather throughout the year.

The weather is mesmerizing all around the year with its warm summers, moderate spring, beautiful autumn and a little bit freezing winters.

It took me some time to get used to the snow here in Atlanta, more like snow in general, when I moved.

Temperature would fall below zero degrees at times. When you step out of your home you would be met by howling winds and knee deep layers and layers of freezing white snow on some mornings. With it comes the lazy days, what with holidays being declared in account of precautions. It kept you locked inside your house.You wouldn't even be able to step out of your home just for a little walk.

Though I hated winters there was something good that came along with it. It gave me more time to spend with him. Kongpob had always loved to spend those snowy afternoons with me. I always loved curling up with him in a loveseat in front of the fire place, resting my head on his shoulder with some light music playing in the background. There would be wine on some occasions. Kongpob would want to dance, always being the cheesy love possessed man he is. He would try to persuade me with his puppy dog eyes or that dashing smile of his that he knew I could never resist. I would mostly get out of his pleadings. Some days I would succumb to his smiles. I would begrudgingly stand beside him and try to dance awkwardly like this was the most agonizing thing that he could ever make me do in my life. But in reality I loved it just as much as he did.

It would only take a few seconds for him to make me melt like putty in his hands. He would wrap his hands around my waist and pull me closer and closer, slowly reducing the distance between us. With every inch I moved closer to him, my heart would pick up a faster pace to thud against my chest. All through these love antics, not once would his eyes ever leave mine. I would desperately try to look anywhere but his eyes, fearing that if I look at him I would lose my voice. My heart thudding against my chest might escape from its cages to fly back to its rightful owner, who is none other than the man holding me.

The most breathtaking thing of the evening was his mind blowing kisses. They provided me with the warmth that the big fire place in front of us could never give. God how much I loved those warm kisses. He knew exactly how I liked to be kissed, although I would never admit that to him. He would always start with small pecks on my forehead, a light brush of his nose along mine and by the time his lips my trembling ones, I would have already be weakened at the knees, my stomach doing flips every now and then. That light brush of lips would sometimes, well most of the times, lead to full on make out sessions with me being pinned down on the couch and Kongpob looming over me, his wandering hands tracing hot trails along my skin, trying to memorize every dip and curve of my body.

Kongpob was the perfect lover in every way. He knew exactly when to be sweet and gentle and never missed to turn in to a hot and sexy hunk when you need it. He would ravish you with a hunger that would make you teeter around the edges of euphoria.

Sure as hell Kongpob was the only reason I even started to look forward to snow that I hated very much.

I hated snow even more now. No matter how much time I spend in front of that fire place on my own, I could never feel the warmth radiating from it. I even thought of walking right into it in hopes of warming up my heart that had turned stone cold in his absence. But I knew very well that no amount of fire was going to light up my soul nor provide me the warmth that I was yearning for.