51.

"It's better to die than not having your love"

Meera looked at the watch to see the time is 9.30 pm. Sitting next to his mom Siddharth was playing a game on his iPad. He was curiously watching the iPad even the sound of TV didn't distract him.

While changing the channel Meera stopped to see the news reporting about her father in law's health. The reporter also added about Vikranth's recent entry in politics. Hearing that Meera felt irritated and sad.

Yes, Vikranth joined in his dad's party a month before, because of the constant compulsion of that party's president. Without much thinking he accepted and he not even asked any suggestion with Meera.

The things that she doesn't want to happen in her life is happening now. She's stuck with her fear of losing Vikranth and her happiness.

She waited for him till 10 pm, knowing that it's waste to wait Meera bought the iPad from Siddharth, this time he gave without fighting. She placed the iPad on the table and carried Siddharth to their room.

"Siddharth do you want to Pee," she asked.

He nodded and Meera took him to the restroom. After comfortably placing Siddharth on the bed Meera turned on her phone to see whether there's any message from Vikranth but as usual there's none. If it were five months he will call or message her to inform that he will be late but now he stopped doing that.

She laid beside him and Siddharth embraced his mom to sleep. Cuddling him, her mind started clouding with the thoughts of Vikranth. Like what happens when he leaves her and Siddharth. It gave a trembling feeling and fear. Seeing the things that were happening in her life she can't help but having negative thoughts and losing this beautiful life.

She knows Vikranth won't do that mistake but after all, he's a human, a man.
Then Tired of thinking all this Meera slept eventually.

After a tiring day, Vikranth came to the house at 11 pm, he looked at the misplaced things and Siddharth toys all over in the living room. With a small smile, he went to the kitchen to place the imported chocolates in the fridge that he bought specially for Siddharth.

He saw there's food for him, though he is not feeling to eat but thinking about Meera, he washed his hands and had that in silence.

He's missing Meera if it where five months before she will wait for him even it is 1 pm or more than that. She will hug him and kiss him with all her love when he enters the house. And she used to call him when he's late.

Vikranth can see her eagerness in her eyes for him, sometimes Meera confesses that she is missing him terribly, she doesn't know how Vikranth felt to see and hear that, it assured that he's having someone only exclusively for him but now it is all changed.

Vikranth tried to eat but this separation disturbed his peace of mind, he pushed the plate aside and placed his palm on his forehead. It is torturing him to be away from Meera. He felt it is better to die than this separation.

He headed upstairs. To his surprise, Meera and Siddharth were sleeping in his room. His eyes calmed to see them and his heart clenched because he's not with them.

Unbuttoning his shirt, Vikranth went to his closet. He changed into a blue t-shirt and a pair of black sweatpants.

He stood beside the bed and looked at his cute family, his world and his everything. In these five years, he never made her cry, until that day he scolded her for being a retarded person. From that day onwards he avoided to touch her, even she wanted too. That is not because of anger, it is because of love.

He didn't want Meera to feel his pressure. He doesn't want to be a burden that hurt her both mentally and physically.

When he was in his thoughts, Siddharth called him. "Appa you came?" and that surprised Vikranth.