41

Do you love me?

Yes, I do, madly!

Then, Come to me Vikranth, please.....

Vikranth opened his eyes abruptly hearing Meera's whisper near his ears. He sat up in his dark room, which is cold and still.

Then, come to me Vikranth please...., the words still echoed in his ears.

It's just a dream but he felt that it's kind of real, her whisper sounded very real with a longing.

It's the fifteenth day of their separation. There's no calls or messages between them after that melodramatic conversation. Vikranth don't want to make her cry and he doesn't want to hear her voice, he can't stay here with her thoughts. Even the three years separations didn't hurt him than this fifteen-day separation.
He's regretting for leaving her all alone and for giving the same feeling to her.

He looked at his phone and found that near his pillow. He turned on to find the time as five in the morning. He unlocked his lock screen and gazed Meera's image on the phone screen. Her small smile is a morning booster for him. Why I didn't understand that you're this important to me. Why I didn't understand that I am this much in love with you, he thought looking her.

He got up from the bed and went near the window... Without thinking about further he called Meera. He hopes that she will answer him, but sadly she didn't. He again and again called but there's no answer.
He thought she must be sleeping so he left the idea and went back to his bed.

What a cruel love... Really you want to be with me? He murmured and closed his eyes.

Meera stared at the phone without blinking.... Seeing Vikranth's name on the screen, Meera don't know what to do.

She doesn't want to talk with him.

She doesn't want to hear his voice.

She doesn't want to listen him saying that he's in love with her.

Totally she hating the suffocating feeling that he's giving to her.

So she remained silent. After three to four times of constant calling the phone turned silent making the environment even more awkward.

Meera took the phone in her hand and looked at the phone without knowing what to do. A part of her wants to call him back but the other wants to remain silent.

In this fifteen days, Meera understood about Vikranth especially about his childhood through Lakshmi maa.

She told about his mom's death and how Vikranth changed so reckless after his father married for the second time. And how Vikranth became an addict to alcohol and then became workaholic and so on.

Meera felt sorry for him but also got angry for not telling anything to her.
Even a single moment he never shared anything personal with me. He is just pertaining to be in love with me from the past to till now.

She turned off the mobile and again laid flat. But sleep? That is never going to come.

Vikranth?? Please come to me... I want to see you, she thought and closed her eyes.

In the afternoon Lakshmi maa was cooking and Meera was just simply standing and looking at her.

"Did Vikranth called you?" she asked Meera.

Meera nodded her head as yes. "Do you know? Vikranth once scolded me for asking him to marry the girl his father shows and now I understood why he avoided that".

Meera looked questioningly.
"I think he waited for you. Vikranth always look dejected and he never eats his food completely. I understood that he's suffering and I think you're the reason for all those things. Am I right?"