Chapter Two:

I pull into the parking lot of my new high school, Hall Cross I see an open spot and pull into it. I get out of my car and go around to the back door, to grab my bag. As i come back up to close the door i bump into a short girl with red hair.

She drops her books on the ground, “Hey, watch it!”

“Oops, sorry! I didnt see you” I say. I lean down to help her pick up her books.

“Its okay, its kinda my fault i wasnt watching were i was going.” She says as she stands up. I hand her back her books, “Hi, Im Mackenzie. But you can just call me Kenzie. Who are you? I havent seen you around before.”

Kenzie has short red hair that comes to about her shoulders, it was curly and she had her bangs pulled back from her face in a french twist. Her eyes are a very strange shade of blue, almost green-ish. She was about a head shorter than me.

“Hey, Im Aubrie. My family just moved here two months ago, from North Carolina in the States.” I tell her.

“Wow, thats so cool, I have always wanted to visit the U.S., what is it like?”

“North Carolina is wonderful. I miss it. The weather is always perfect for the beach.  I loved going to the beach all the time.” I say, thinking of home.

“Sounds gorgeous!”

“It is, you will have to go sometime!” Right when I finish my sentence, the bell rings.

“Shoot! Thats the bell for first period, we better get going! Where is your first class?” Kenzie says as she starts walking towards the building.

“I have history with Mr. Lindsay.” I show her my schedule, “What about you?”

“We have all the same classes! I can show you around later!” Kenzie grabs my arm as we enter the doors of the school and pulls me down the hall.