Chapter 25: Ultimate Omega

Start from the beginning

........................

MACE POV

I'm thankful that Pan pulled her from the brink. That he had gave her hope. I want to hold her, protect her from this pain but it would be a part of us forever now. The hole of his death was a chasm of pain inside of us. I look to Pan as she finally falls into a restless sleep on the ground by our feet. His eyes hold mine and even though we won't use our bond we know what the other is thinking. Save our strength. We will kill him, for her and for him.

I glance around the room for the thousandth time but there is nothing new that can save us. Sighing I try to shift only to hiss in pain as the concrete wall brushes against my wounds as Aila leaps to her feet with a knife in her hand. I open my mouth to reassure her until I hear it. Something is bumping against the door. Then there is a snarl as something slams into the door and it falls to the floor with a crash as Grizz and Alpha walks into the room. I blink in surprise as Aila lowers the knife and looks at them in confusion. What now?

AILA POV

As Alpha and Grizz come into the room a bright light flashes in front of my eyes. I blink my eyes, once then twice. I lower the knife in confusion but it's like watching a TV with bad reception. Alpha is there one minute and the next he looks like Dally. My chest aches and I blink again and he's just Alpha again. I look back at my mates as Tarrow's voice echoes through the room. 

"What good do you think these two beasts will do for you, Aila?" The TV flickers again and I see the man that looks like Dally in front of me instead of Alpha. It fades and the wolf is there again as the word 'beast' clicks in my head. Not the same, not quite but close enough.  

The light guides me as I leap forward and my teeth sink into Alpha's throat. I hear Tarrow scream out in anger and the memories that had been trapped in the back of my mind came to the fore front and I remembered it ALL.

.................................

I see myself as the ten year old in the woods running, searching except he wasn't where he was supposed to be and I forgot I was searching. Then I found Alpha I didn't remember that I had been searching for him all along. His black fur reminds me of who he is. Who he was. Momma had to have known even if I hadn't. She had known who I would be and what my powers would be.  

Then Tarrow had hurt me and he'd been the one to hurt Alpha. So a bond formed between the three of us. Tarrow was stronger because he was the only one who remember who we were and what he had done.

The pictures stop flashing through my mind as a voice calls out to me. 

"Say the words daughter. Finish this." Lost in my mind I sob.

"This will destroy me. Don't make me do this." Momma's voice is stern as she speaks again. 

"For now it will hurt Aila but what is life without pain. Say the words my daughter to make him who he is. It's your choice but know that not everything is as it seems." Tears slide down my cheeks as I release Alpha's neck to whisper in his ear.