Chapter 23: Alpha vs Omega

CHAPTER 23

ALPHA VS OMEGA

AILA POV

SCHOOL

Squeezing my hand Pan looks over at me as we walk out of the principal's office with Mace, Juliet, and Romeo as everyone else spreads out. 

"Are you sure this is where we need to be?" I stare down the hallway and see the humans are on one side, the Alphas on the other while the Omegas walk down the middle but behind everyone else. Everyone looks a little scared and I notice the boy Zen from earlier is walking with a human. I walk faster as I think of how to set my plan in action. 

"This is it Panny. It all starts here. I know it." When I get alongside Zen I see how sad he is. 

"Zen what's wrong?" His lip quivers and the girl glares at me before rubbing at his back and I realize it's the girl from the day before that had been mean to Juliet and me. 

"He's upset because all the other Omega males have been taken except yours. Why don't you leave my brother alone?" Confused I raise a brow. 

"But he smells like wolf and you smell human." She rolls her eyes and I realize she had been in the Alpha class even those she smells human. 

"Because you stupid little...." Zen whimpers and she mumbles to him before speaking at me again. "We're only half okay. We can't shift." I blink and look at Pan in confusion as everyone in the hallways turns toward us as if awaiting our answer.  

"So? Why does that manner. Some of my best friends are animals that can't be human. I've never had a human friend but that's only cause I've been a wolf for ten years. Seems like you would have the advantages even if you can't shift or maybe your beast is waiting." I glance over at Pan who smiles. 

"People don't like that Juliet and Romeo are lions but I think it's cool. And I've never been human until two weeks ago so I don't see how being human is bad except you can pee on trees to mark your territory. Well you could but it might be a little weird and hard to aim." The tension that had been building in the hallway dissipated at Pan's words and everyone turned back to what they had been doing but I felt as if something big had begun.

Instead of heading straight to 'Alpha 101' Pan, Mace and I go to the women's bathroom. Liam raises a brow but doesn't say anything as we slip inside after making sure the room is clear. We immediately go the window and crawl onto the roof so I can listen. As I crouch at the edge of the roof Mace speaks. 

"Now what?" Clicking my tongue at him I gesture behind him as furry animals that are sitting behind him. His eyes widen and I see just who I need. Motioning to the snake it slithers onto my hands and curls itself around my arm as it speaks. 

"Yes, snake speaker." Grinning I speak back. 

"If I feed you much could you spy on me for a few hours and tell me what is said?" The snakes tongue flickers out as he speaks again. 

"I don't speak human snake speaker. You speak snake." I smile and I know I've got him. 

"But I could make it so you could and then you would know when humans plant traps for you snake brethren." Hissing in glee the snake squeezed lightly on my arm.  

"Where do you want me snake charmer?" Laughing I tell him my plan.

............................