Chapter 25: Ultimate Omega

• Dedicated to LaNita Boyer

CHAPTER 25

ULTIMATE OMEGA

AILA POV

TWO WEEKS LATER

Pain is the only thing my body remembers. Rage is the only emotion I can recall as my last two mates are tortured over and over. He doesn't realize that it doesn't matter. He doesn't realize that we are already lost. He should because he did this to us. I watch with a blank expression as he throws the bloody knife at my feet. My eyes don't leave his as he stalks over to me. When he unchains me from the bed I remain still, waiting. He takes a step back daring me to grab for the knife. My heart beat slows at the dare but I don't go for the knife instead I spring to a sitting position and release my claws. They stop a scant inch from his throat. I fight to close my hand into a fist. To dig my claws in so I might rip his windpipe out but his magic holds me hostage as a snarl breaks through my rage.  

He smiles in his arrogance not seeing, not knowing. Sooner and later his back will be to me. Sooner or later his magic will fail and he will be dead. It's not a matter of if it's just a matter of when. I make no sound as my hand is bent backwards by his magic. I hear the snap of bones as my mates howl in rage but I just stare at him. Dead inside. It doesn't matter, this hurt. It will only last until he's dead then we'll end it. We don't wish to live without Dally. My Dally, our Dally.  

He finally releases my hand and I fall back on the bed as Macey pulls at his chains and Pan snaps and snarls. He turns and leaves the room, his first mistake. He slams the door shut and the lock clicks. My mates turn to me as Macey speaks. 

"Don't do this Aila. Don't give up. There's hope." My eyes fall on the knife and I'm sure there's a feral grin on my face. His second mistake. I look to Macey, his black hair greasy and unkempt, his eyes hollow. 

"Dally's dead Macey. He killed our Dally." My voice is flat and Macey winces at the sound of it as Panny speaks. 

"We're here Aila. Us. We hurt too but there's hope. There's always hope." I stand up when I realize I'm still unchained.  His thrid mistake. Turning my back to my mates I grab the knife and slide it in my bra. I ignore Panny's words until he growls at me then I turn back to him. 

"Pack isn't something you turn your back on. Pack is something you embrace; the good and the bad; the happy and the sad. Pack is family. Pack is forever." My eyes meet Pan's and I walk forward to press my forehead to his as I speak.

"For you and Macey I'll try Pan but not until we're free of him. I can't feel now. Not yet. Just leave with the rage for a little while longer?" Pan nods and I press my lips to his before turning to Macey and kissing him softly.

...................

NARRATOR POV

While Aila becomes filled with rage others got together; human, shifter, and animal. They had one common goal: to save the ones that had given them hope for something better. All they needed was somewhere to look because Tarrow had moved them after the escape. They had a plan. They had the numbers. They had hope.  They just needed a guide.

Then as they stared into the dark of night something appeared. His stance was dominant. His gait was confident. Behind him stood wolves and animals of all different kind. The shifters and human looked to one another then back to him. It was only seconds but it seemed like hours. Then they stepped forward and it began. Be it good or bad the fight was on and they would do their damndest to save them, no matter what the cost.