Ch. 4 - Back and Forth

Start from the beginning

The first time she looked into his eyes, she noticed that the normal kid-belonging glimmer, the thing that, most if not all children had, wasn't present... But then, she saw that a small, barely noticeable spark was being reflected in them.

All it needed was the fuel, and the spark would turn into flames.

And Saber knew that... It kind of reminded her of herself when—

She shrugged those thoughts aside and sighed in defeat. "... Okay then. I won't go easy on you..." She said turning her head towards Inko. "Do you agree with this?"

Izuku's mother pondered for a moment... Her beloved son always wanted to become a hero, to save people; she knew that more than anyone. That was the only opportunity he had ever received since he was born.

He wasn't gifted with a quirk.

He was gifted with a Servant.

But what would he become if he only used Saber? If, hypothetically, he did go to U.A and became a fully-fledged hero, what would he do? Only using her would cause distrust in the media, who turned smoke into fire with the 'Servant Abuse' news; whose majority were fake, and just biased assumptions.

However, if he did train and didn't become a burden... it could work; at least, that's what Inko thought.

"... Yes," his mother surprisingly agreed.

Inko Midoriya, a really worried, overprotective and sensitive mother. Why did she accept that offer? Saber and Izuku both didn't know. All they could do was to look at her.

"I mean... Izuku always wanted to become a hero. It would be really sad and unbecoming of me to go against such a pure and... proud dream?" She smiled bittersweetly.

Inko knew that she was putting Izuku in danger, jeopardy if you will. Aside from training, if he was accepted into U.A, the danger would be upon him. Oh, how many news articles did she read about attacks at the academy...

Izuku's eyes were flooded with tears; letting his head fall onto the cold floor once again, he let it all out.

Finally, the green-nette could actually step forward towards his dream. Finally, he could work hard into evolving... All of the tears that fell onto the ground were the built-up angst and sadness within him; all of them.

Once calm, he stood up and his mouth curled up contagiously, brightening the whole room; eyes still were swollen from crying.

"Thank you!"

...

That morning was indeed happy for Izuku, who finally took a step forward. Even without a quirk, he felt as if he was able to become a great hero—

"Oi, nerd!" A raspy and aggressive voice stabbed his ears. "What do you think you're doing? Again with the hero notes?"

All Izuku could do was listen to the countless insults dealt directly to him. If he tried to stand up against him, he'd be shot down. Dejectedly, he hung his head low.

"What do you, a quirkless Deku, would do with that?"

Izuku let the bangs of his dense green-black hair cover his eyes. Even with all of the good things happening to him, that word... Deku still affected him deeply. Every time it was used, he stopped in his tracks. He felt defenseless and useless—A Deku.

"Become a hero? Hahaha! ... You are hilarious!"

His feet began to fiddle with each other; the hands that were below the table were intertwined, seeking the comfort he didn't have. He anxiously waited for an opening, a way to leave; the class was over anyway... But if he tried to leave now, he'd be cornered. This time, Izuku wasn't quick enough to escape.

"... Oh yeah! I've heard you were a victim during a bank heist, am I correct?"

At that mention, the green-nette slowly lifted his head, looking directly at a sandy-blond haired boy. His hair was a spiky mess; you could call it explosive-ish. That bully was Bakugo, his friend, or was it correct to call him ex-friend? Izuku honestly didn't want to think about it.

"Y... Yeah..." The fragile boy answered, wary and scared.

As if he heard the funniest joke in the world, Bakugo started to laugh hysterically. Behind him appeared two other boys; they were too plain to be remembered, but they were still his goons...

"Hahaha! T... They scolded you for being there, right?"

Izuku kept staring at the bully's eyes. "... W-Why?"

"B...Because, heh... you were useless! If it wasn't for you, the villain wouldn't even have entered the bank!" Bakugo stated...

Izuku's eyes shot open, and his skin turned ice-cold. Sweat dripped down profusely from his forehead as he slammed his head on the table. Tears formed in his eyes as he began to cry copiously...

The victims wouldn't feel that despair if Izuku wasn't there. They wouldn't even be victims!

The police would've taken care of the old lady if he didn't involve himself with the villain!

He wasn't a hero, he wasn't, he wasn't, he wasn't!

Izuku's mind raced with fear; the spark he struggled to light up was decreasing rapidly.

"B-Bakugo, he's crying!"

"Yeah! I think you've gone too fa—"

"What, you're on his side now?" Bakugo shut his two goons up.

Not wanting to stay there, Izuku grabbed his bag, notes, everything, and bolted out of the classroom, bumping with a teacher, and some students.

He didn't look back—he couldn't. If he ever did that, he would just remember what he really was; a useless Deku.

Deku;

Useless;

Weak;

Quirkless;

Talentless;

The words couldn't stop flowing through Izuku's head, his tears followed his every step, haunting him at each moment. Who was he kidding when he believed he could become a hero? What was the false glimmer of hope that invaded his system that morning?

After a couple of minutes, he arrived at home. Quickly unlocking the door, he rushed inside and entered his room. Locking it, he threw his bag aside and kneeled on the floor, tears dampening the floor.

He ignored the countless calls from his mother and Saber. The knocking wouldn't stop, but he didn't care.

All he could hear were his own sobs.

Even if he did save that old lady, even if he summoned Saber, which in turn saved the whole place, he couldn't shrug what Bakugo had said...

If you weren't there, the victims wouldn't even be victims!

All of the times Izuku was bullied, humiliated, exploded... All of those times had pushed him to an edge; that was the last push...

All the hope he built up to now had dissipated, disappeared. They were gone.

What could a quirkless kid really do?

...

Plot Twist!

What will happen next?

I was so excited to write this! Sorry again for those who wanted Curiosity...

But don't worry, I won't abandon it ^-^

That's all, for now,

Undef's out,

Stay cold!