Not So Typical (Version 2)

(Featured Characters: Xephos and Strife. Ships: Striphos)

Fake young when we met

Everything seemed alright

Like children sing on the sidewalk

Cut straight through the moonlight

- Age 15 -

"Tag!"

Xephos patted Strife's shoulder. Xephos running ahead, laughing.

Strife looked ahead and smiles. "Oh no you didn't." He runs after Xephos, in the night, they'd both been out late, in Strife's backyard.

Xephos trips and falls back, his back to the ground, and he laughs as Strife trips over as well, and falls on top of Xephos. They both laughed and watched each other for a brief moment. But before anything could happen,

"Strife? Xephos? It's getting late. Come inside." Strife's mother calls. Strife stands up and helps Xephos up. They both head inside, laughing as they tag each other.

- Age 23 - 

  How I love those days we didn't get out of bed

"We've got work today, Strife.." Xephos faces Strife in bed.

"We could take a lazy day, right?" Strife asks, cuddling Xephos, kissing the top of his head.

"I'm fine with that." Xephos grins, and allows the warmth engulf him.

-Age 21-

  Left your taste in my mouth
Your strange voice in my head  

Strife was working on some homework, all day he had been struggling, he'd been avoiding Xephos mainly because Xephos would continue to bother him, but when was gone, he missed him. He'd never believe it but he missed Xephos, missed him bugging him, his voice. 

Xephos had been sleeping when he heard fast knocking on his door. He groans and gets up, his hair messy and eyes half closed, he goes to the door and opens it. 

"Yeah?" Xephos asks tiredly. Strife looks at him fondly before realizing he needed to talk. 

"Xephos! Hi, uh you, did you finish your homework?" Strife asks, as he watches him.

"Strife? What.. you.. you didn't do your homework? You're joking." Xephos smiles. "Why are you actually here?"

"I'm... not I forgot to do it.. and uh, damn it. I came to see you. Kinda missed you bugging me." Strife sighs in defeat.

"Knew it."

- Age 26-

Oh, I wanna hear it again

'Cause back then we were caught in a love song so loud, oh yeah

No not so typical love song

'Cause it hurt us again and again 

Xephos had been late, again, to another planned date.

"Why the hell are you always late?!" Strife exclaims, Xephos crossing his arms, sighing.

"You know! Work! I usually have to stay late!" Xephos says right back.

"You know what, whatever, it's fine." He sighs and turns away.

"That sir, is ridiculous! If you yell at me, then it's not fine!" Xephos grabs Strife's arm to turn him.

"Xephos, calm down, alright? I'm sleeping in our room without you, not in the mood to argue with you anymore tonight." With that, Strife closes his door and locks it.

So sang that I really need you so bad, oh yeah

No not so typical love song'

Cause it hurt us again and again 

-Age 28-

"I know you don't like it but, I gotta do it, I mean.." Xephos looks nervously at Strife. "I already joined the Spacecorps, they accepted me." He smiles. 

Strife couldn't believe this, but he had to be happy for Xephos.

"Come on it's not like I'm going to war. I'm just exploring space." He smiles, assuring Strife that'll he'll be fine.

- Age 32- 

 "I... have to go." Xephos, dressed in his unform at the door.

Strife sighs and walks over to Xephos. Strife smiles and hugs, him, giving him a final kiss.

"Come home to me, okay?" He smiles and looks up at Xephos.

"Of course. Don't worry about it." Xephos smiles, and he gets going. 

Months later, they have approached a new planet, but its atmopshere pulled them in strong, and the ship had crashed into the land.

The news had been broadcasted on the radio, Strife froze, he didn't believe it. 

One,

two,

three,

four,

I wanna be alright

I wanna be alrightI wanna be alright with my baby tonightI wanna be alrightI wanna be alrightI wanna be alright with my baby tonight, oh yeahSo sang that I really need you so bad, oh yeahNo not so typical love song'Cause it hurt us again and again 

x

(I liked this one much better.)