"Sherlock's place,"

As John and Sherlock neared his house, Sherlock felt his heart beating faster and faster. 'What if he thinks I'm a freak when I show him my experiments?' He began to wonder. Sherlock mentally shook his head as he stopped on the street, holding an arm out to his side to stop John, too. Sherlock narrowed his eyes, knowing instantly what was wrong. "I'll go in first, then I'll bring the line out to you," Sherlock said, his voice having an urgent tone to it, as if whatever was wrong, was a family matter. John nodded as he stood. Sherlock handed John his bag, as insurance that he will come back.

  As Sherlock made his way up the short, dirt covered drive, he heard a stern voice. God, Sherlock never wanted to hear that voice again, but as he reached for the doorknob of the first floor entry to his house and pulled the door open, Sherlock saw his father shouting at his brother. All of the attention seemed to shift immediately from Mycroft and Gavin to Sherlock. "Where have you been?! We were worried sick about you!" Sherlock's mum shouted as she smothered the young man in an overprotecting hug. Sherlock sighed. "I was at the State school. I'm in the Jazz band there, now. I play the Violin." Sherlock said quickly, trying to escape to reach the phone to bring out to John. "Mycroft! You have him going to state school, now!? We're only away a year and a half, and you've already been able to dull your brother's brilliant brain with your nonsense." The mother scolded, abruptly letting go of Sherlock. He then, made his race for the landline. Sherlock picked the phone up and was making his way to the door when his mother looked out the window. "William, don't go out there! There's a state school student!" She warned. Sherlock rolled his eyes as he pushed his way past his mother to open the door. "Here you go, john. You'll, unfortunately, have to come closer to the house if you want a clear signal." Sherlock held the phone out to the blonde boy, who smiled and walked over and sat down. John exchanged the phone for Sherlock's book bag and Violin case. "Ya, Sherlock. Hey, who are they?" John asked, gesturing to the house's windows, which had two Holmes parents with a camera at the ready. "Those are... my parents," Sherlock sighed. john laughed. "Don't laugh! It's very embarrassing. I barely know them." John shot Sherlock a questioning glare from next to him. "They're always out on business. I think I wouldn't be so... freaky, if I'd had them there when I was younger, and maybe they're here to stay, but I doubt it. They have their luggage already packed, they're only staying for about a weekend. They're off to America, as my father smells of AXE body spray and mummy stinks of cheap 'American' perfume, which you would typically find in an American Dollar store." Sherlock said sadly. "Brilliant," John mused with his ever-so-entertained smile. Sherlock looked up at John, confused. "Sorry," John apologized, looking awkwardly to the ground, letting his wonderful smile drop to a sympathetic frown. "No, it's fine." Sherlock insisted slowly. From the corner of his eyes, Sherlock saw a light flash of a camera. Sherlock's Head whipped around to glare at the parents in the window. He saw that Gavin was helping them in the endeavor. He gave Gavin a betrayed look. He could only drug with a guilty smile. Sherlock rolled his eyes miserably. He looked back to John to surprisingly meet his eyes. It was at that moment, he realized, they were too close. Sherlock quickly jerked his body backwards in a panic, evidently falling off the step and into the dirt. John had the landline up to his ear as he laughed and plopped himself down next to Sherlock in the dirt.

  Sherlock zones out into his mind palace as John talked to his aunt over the phone. He was blankly staring at the sky, when John's face appeared mere inches from his face. Sherlock panicked and tried to sit up, but their noses collided and  John jerked himself back a good half a foot away from him. Sherlock sat up and held his hands out for consolation of some sort. "Are you okay?! John, you shouldn't have scared me like that." Sherlock sighed. John removed his hands from his nose to look at his palms, which were stained in fresh blood, as was John's mouth and chin. "Skar you?! Cherdock, I 'beed kallgg you bor bibe bidudes (Scare you?! Sherlock, I've been calling you for five minutes)!" John managed as he held his nose closed. Sherlock gave John a sorry look, then stood up. "Come one, lets go inside." Sherlock sighed. He was nervous about John meeting his parents and looking at his room and stuff. He'd been hoping they'd just hang out outside. "You go; I have our stuff." Sherlock said. He picked up both of their bags and followed closely behind as John entered the big house.