Dirty Glares Cancer X Capricorn

This one is extremely easy for me to write. I hate how everyone thinks that Capricorns and Cancers are best friends. It's our opposite sign and we're supposed to be best friends with them? Idk, that's just my opinion, but everyone is entitled to their own.

This story takes place in an alternate universe. Their are two separate kingdoms. One is ruled by the fearless warrior Capricorn and the other is ruled by the caring and gentle prince, Cancer.

Capricorn's p.o.v.

In my dark and menacing tower I can see everything, including the gray vine and flower covered castle across the valley. For years we were being held under captivity by the biggest asshole ever. He enslaved us, cut our funding, water supply, and food supply, all so he could live in wealth. That was Prince Cancer's dad, King Scorpio. Ever sense the day I single handedly killed the king, Prince Cancer and I have been enemies ever sense.

We stay on our side of the valley until once a week where we go to the river to trade. The merchants, craftsman, and fisherman come and bring all their goods, and our blacksmiths, soldiers, and court officials bring all our goods.

Prince Cancer and I sit in our thrones on the opposite side of the river, at least he does anyway, and has six men carry him around. I usually hang in a tree, with my sword at my side, munching on an Apple, and when no one is looking, I give the peasant kids some bread for their families.

I'm not all mean. I do have a soft spot for kids and animals. Just not that blue eyed, blonde hair, freak. We used to be friends, until I had to take down his dad. It was the hardest thing I've ever done, but I had to.

We haven't spoken sense. Prince Cancer may be labeled the 'caring and gentle,' but he's a jerk. He looks down on everyone else and kicks dirt at the peasant kids. He still keeps everything for himself, just like his father, but at least I saved half of that city.

The reason I am known for the 'mean and terrible shit' is because when we were younger Cancer had beat up a small boy in the village for his money. This kid was already poor and digging through the garbage. He said he didn't have any and Cancer killed him. I was blamed. I partly blame that on the father that raised him. His dad killed Queen Pisces. She was the most beautiful and kindest person I knew. She would braid my hair in the mornings. Until that one day when doing so, King Scorpio came in and started to beat the shit out of her. As a 13 year old girl I grabbed my pocket knife and slit his throat. Queen Pisces was in critical condition so I called for her nurse who had dealt with her injuries before. Before I knew it she died. The only mother I ever knew. My mother, Virgo left when I was a baby and my dad was mauled to death by a wild bear. Burying his body was one of the hardest things I had to do.

Anyways, Cancer has hated me sense then and has had it out for me. I wish people could just understand what I did. I brushed a piece of white hair out of my face. My hazel eyes watched him from the tree as he kicked dirt at the peasant kids. I scowled in frustration and rubbed the long scar on the side of my face that Cancer had given me as a kid with his own knife claiming he was 'just playing.' I did a somersault out of the tree and landed on one knee. I walked over to the edge of my side.

"Stop it." I said to him, the first words I'd spoken to him in years.

"You are out of line." He said, drawing a bow and arrow.

"I believe I am perfectly in line and I don't appreciate you treating these kids like shit."

"Do not use that kind of language to your king."

"I follow under no rule, but my own."

He fired an arrow and I caught it with my hand. "Did you forget you are challenging a warrior?" I snap his arrow in half and with one bound I jump the river.

He has an arrow already fired as I land. I drop to the ground and it zooms over my head. I draw my sword and walk up to him. No one comes to help him, probably because of how he treats them.

I slice a long slice on the side of his face. I glare at him. "I was ' just playing.' "

I jump back to my side and lead my village back home.