Chapter 35 - Abby

Start from the beginning

"No, yeah, she totally is a badass when it comes to business and her brand. She seems to have great luck with that but not so much her relationships, I mean she ended her engagement! I heard they had the wedding planned and everything!"

Who. The. Fuck?! What is he doing? Is he trying to get me to see that Liv isn't a good girlfriend? I'm gonna fu-

"Hey, guys! Sorry, I'm late...the dogs...hey, I'm Jeff, Angie's boyfriend, you must be Matt. So, what have I missed?" Jeff thankfully interrupted.

"Oh hi! Nice to meet you, we were just talking about work. You're not late at all, we were still pursuing the menu..." Matt says as if he didn't just insult the integrity of my girlfriend.

I glare at Matt. What a weasel! How dare he?

"Matt, I need my wallet from your car, do you think you can get it for me?"

"Sure, I'll be right back. Excuse me."

As soon as Matt is far enough away that he can't hear me I tell Jeff everything he said.

"Dude, what the fuck? You know he probably has the hots for you, that's why he's being such a dick about Liv!"

"Ugh! What do I do?"

Jeff shrugs because I know what I should do, I just need the courage to do it.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Matt and I leave to go on a swamp tour

Matt and I leave to go on a swamp tour...just the two of us this time which I really hate because Matt is becoming more and more sleazy by the day. One more unnecessary remark about Olivia and he's outta here.

Later, on the boat on the swamp, Matt catches on to me distancing myself from him and brings me a cold water bottle from the cooler up by the captain.

"Abby, are we good? Are we okay?" he asks handing me a water bottle.

"What? Yeah, we're fine."

"Doesn't seem like it. Back in LA, we seemed to really be hitting it off and now it's like you don't want anything to do with me. Are we...done here?"

"I don't know, Matt. What does need to be done is how you're talking about Olivia. She is the most amazing person I have ever met and ever loved, that's never going to change. So whatever game you're playing needs end now because you're going to lose," I whisper to him.

"I'm sorry if I overstepped and offended you. I didn't mean to, really. I thought we were friends...it felt like we were friends and I wasn't just someone you hired that's all," Matt says sadly.

"I thought we were friends, then you started talking about Olivia like you wanted me to see how bad she is for me when really, she's the best thing to ever happen to me."

"You're right, I'm sorry. Friends?"

"Sure..."

We finish the boat tour with tons of paparazzi photos and personal photos to share on social media. I'm exhausted from the heat and tell Matt I want to go back to the condo and that I'll meet him for dinner.