'Eunjae, I'm here. Come out if you're ready :)'

Mid of waiting, the body of mine jumps a little as I hear the classic doorbell chimes as it catches my attention. Eyes that were on the ground move to Eunjae's puffy, eyes and damp faced. She still lets one of her arms wrapped around the body and her hair loosens in a mess way— she seems like she doesn't care how bizzare she looks like right now. I breathe heavily. Heavily and deeply before I can pull Eunjae into my embrace. "I'm really sorry if I was late", I leave the whisper into her ears.

I feel Eunjae's slow gestures as she shoves her complete-wet face into my fully covered chest as she nods, "......I'm glad you could make it here". The mumble is inaudible and slow, but I manage to telling her that she's fine now. I squeeze her shoulder. I rub her back when she cries even harder in my arms.

"It's okay. Things are over now. Cry as much as you want", I say before Eunjae can pull her body away from mine. She stays still, no single word escapes from her mouth. The graze of hers fall to the ground. Instead of waiting for her to speak, I take off my coat to warm her up. I escort Eunjae to my car and finally we drive off  to go home.

I watch Eunjae at the corner of my eye as I'm driving to send her home— she takes a nap on the car after feeling the tire from the unstoppable crying and sobbing. Eunjae's eyelids lift, knowing that I eventually turn off the car's engine. "We're finally at my home?". I nod profusely.

"You must've been so tired of the long journey", a sentence breaks the dead silence between us in the car. "You're home now, don't worry". Eunjae turns silent again after my responses. She stares at her naked laps, then eyes meet mine when her lips parts in quiver, "Seungcheol....he kissed me".

I gulp a lump in my throat. The anger flickers inside of my wobbled chest. Her words keep running around in and out of my mind, 'Seungcheol...he kissed me'. Her soft voice rings in my brain. "And things will never be over if I keep bumping with Seungcheol when he's around your--"

"....Eunjae, you're telling me the truth right?", I ask in hesitant, waiting for Eunjae's answers. She does nothing but nodding her head in a slow motion. I clench my jaw, fingers fold into a tight ball. "Yes and I don't deserve any of your comfort". I heard her.

Bullshit. I thought.

"Fuck!". The second curse escapes from my mouth as the reality hits me— I couldn't take it anymore. The anger is taking over me inside as I feel the slight heat in my soul and in the car. "I reminded you before to not keep any special feelings to Seungcheol hyung, didn't I?".

Eunjae side glances at me over her shoulder. Shocked. "Are you mad because it was my fault?", she questions, waves of wrinkles could be seen on her forehead as her expression screams uncertainty. Shaking my head in return, I apologize to Eunjae a second later. "Look, I'm sorry I didn't mean to-"

"To hurt my feelings? I know", she cuts me off before I could finish the sentence. Eunjae remains her eyes on the windshield, fingers nervously brushed against the fabric of my coat, "Seungcheol is a sweet-hearted man and I never imagined that he'd do such things". I listen to her muffle, nodding and nodding and nodding again. I keep listening and won't protest.

The burning chest inside of me dies down promptly. I begin to regret cursing in front of Eunjae just now when things that she said gets on my nerves. "I used to like Seungcheol because of you". I whirl my head just to watch her again, brows unknit, brain disfunction to think. "I faked my love towards him so that I can forget you easily...."

"Eunjae, I'm truly, truly sorry", I say in a slow tone— I really mean it. I want her eyes to meet mine this time, but she refused to gaze nor stare. I really want Eunjae to see through my saddened eyes that I feel hurt in a certain way for making myself treat her like a shit. "And I was truly, truly in love with you, Jeon Wonwoo".

Her sweet voice softens my heart again. Lee Eunjae. She constantly makes me feel that way. "But because of loving a man like you, I hate the fact that I had to put myself in danger", Eunjae utters, stop in between the sentences. "Seungcheol is your friend after all. I don't wanna be the reason that your friendship is ruined and I possibly don't wanna meet him again after this".

I don't react yet I'm listening. I let her continue the next thing that she wants to say. "And don't worry, I'll stop loving you for now, at this moment. I quit to keep this unnecessary feelings towards you. I quit becoming your maid, I quit becoming your slave. I quit everything that will related to you. I will quit".

I gasp at her words. I don't want to believe it— but she sounds honest and intense. I want to touch her again but I can't. I want to plead for her to stay but nothing come out. "This is the right time to really say that me and you are completely over", she mutters sarcastically. "because it was entirely my fault".

Eunjae takes her things with her, feet begin to touch the ground outside of my car. She smiles at me one last time, yet I didn't. I watch her eyes with my expressionless expression. "Thank you for the last ride", says Eunjae before she can close the door right after. She paces towards the house's gate.

I let her go. I let the girl I love dearly go with one-sided of her heart missing.

————