Neal shifts on his lap, not in a sexual manner like moments ago, more in a manner to regain his composure. And as he lifts his head and parts his lips in a clear retort does Eric take it upon himself to shut the other up with a kiss. His mate gasps at the sudden touch, falling into it easily and returning the kiss. Hands reach forward and travel up his arms, gripping at his shirt as he pushes forward to deepen the kiss.

     His own arms tighten around his mate's torso, pressing closer as he asks for entrance and dives in. On the skin of his cheek he feels light, ticklish touches and he soon recognizes them to be Neal's eyelashes fluttering closed. It was a mess, it always seemed to be with Neal but as long as he got a good moan or two he wasn't going to complain.

     They continued like that until Neal snapped back, breathing haphazardly as he placed one of his hands over Eric's neck - feeling his racing pulse.

     With a determined gaze he nods. "I want to."

__

     He plays with Neal's hair, his hand pulling at the silk strands while his other hand rubs soothing circles over his back. The other is hunched over him as he lays on his back, legs on either side of his torso as he shudders and sobs. This night seems to be a whole roller coaster ride for the other, but Eric can't help but feel a sense of warm belongingness in the other's presence.

     Maybe that had more to do with the fact that he liked cuddles.

     They had been hugging the past hour, once Neal had expressed that he wanted to give their mating a try he then proceeded to have a mental breakdown. Which - was to be expected after trying to harm him. He didn't hurt him extensively, nor come close to harming him in a way that mattered. But Neal thought otherwise, clearly never having taken a knife to someone he genuinely cared for.

     If only he knew, Eric pondered - looking down at his mate, that I had already promised myself not to let him leave that easily.

     Neal sits up on his chest, eyes wet, red and sore. Rubbing the back of his wrist against his nose, he sniffles. "Does it hurt?"

     Reaching out to brush his thumb just under Neal's eyes, Eric smiles as he answers. "Just a little. It's nothing I can't handle."

     Because he's a werewolf and a cut made by a shaving blade is comprehensively nothing when compared to how fast he can usually heal deeper wounds. It's probably fully healed and closed by now but he kind of likes the attention - so he doesn't tell the other. Neal leans into his hand, rubbing his face against the rough skin of his palm then looking down at Eric with a dazed expression. Tired, he looks tired, but the reddened cheeks help Eric remember that he probably also still feels guilty.

     "Come now," He whispers softly, opening his arms as though Neal wasn't on top of him. "Let's get some sleep."

     There really wouldn't be any point, not when it's almost morning. But he also decides not to mention that, grunting softly when Neal falls on top of him. Maneuvering them so that they're both on their side in a classic spooning position he smiles and presses a kiss to the back of Neal's head.

     Xelio has a sudden epiphany, yapping in happiness to the point that Eric can practically see his tail swinging rapidly. He wills him to calm down because he's just -

     Cuddling his mate.

__

     Neal hardly moved in his sleep, staying in a hunched position throughout most of the night, much like a wolf pup would. Xelio, instead of letting Eric sleep, made sure to keep him up all night by gossiping about his mate - as though they hadn't known he was theirs the night they met at the club. Still, Eric could agree that Neal trying to one-up him and harm him was more believable than being theirs. The other stirs next to him, voice low and filled with sleep, "It's rude to stare, you know? Especially if it's throughout the entire night. Weren't you tired?"