Chapter 4: Who exactly are you?

Thinking about the letter, I immediately loss my appetite which is the reason why I haven't eaten yesterday night and even until now.

The sun is now already setting away as the moon starts to gain it's light.
"Sehun, you should at least eat a little." Megan said. My little Megan, sorry if your brother is such a pain in ass.  "Hey! Are you even listening?!" She once again demanded.

She doesn't use honorific words because she grow up in Chicago. She's not that familiar too with Korean language since our mom, I mean her mom doesn't speak in Korean anymore since she got married with Buck, Buckerson Claudle. I hate the fact that I have to, still have to consider her my mom after she left me behind. Well after all she's still the one whom gave birth to me though. "Sorry, what is it?" I asked as I was phasing out.

"Sehun, are you really okay?"
"Of course! Brother's absolutely okay. Nothing to worry about."

For a second and so,Megan seemed to be confused but then she just shrugged it off and let out a sigh as she pulls a bittersweet smile on her lips.

"You seemed to be phasing out a while ago. I'm just worried." She said as her grip at the fork tightened. I then just gave her a pale smile, and hold my sister's hand.
"I told you, I'm okay Megan."
"You better should be." Then we let out a soft laugh but was immediately cut off because of the sudden entrance of mom.

I looked at the door expecting there would be anyone beside mom who'll enter the room but I just end up hoping for nothing. Whom am I expecting to come though? A hopeless chuckle escape from my throat with a bitter smile plastered on my lips. Which makes the atmosphere inside the room awkward.

"It's about time Megan. We have to go." She said, with her firm British accent.

I shift my gaze to Megan and slightly nod at her, emphasizing that she should go and listen to her, then back my gaze to Mom. She–mom– didn't bother to look at me and just staring at Megan then to the Tv and back to Megan once again.
"Mom, please give me and Sehun a little more time."
"We have to go."
"No, not until I am satisfied that Sehun is okay."

Alina glared at her because of her stubbornness. "Sehun!" I felt uncomfortable with it as she called me by my name.
"Yeah?" I replied with a dried tone as I slightly and sickly rolled my eyes at her.
"Tell my daughter you're okay!" Mom ordered with her stern voice filled with authority. I scoffed at her ridiculousness. As expected from her.

"She's right Meg, I'm okay already.."
"No you're not! C'mon, I know you're not!" She retorted, tears filling her eyes.
"Megan,let's,go,home...now!" Mom once again demanded.
"Just what the fuck is the problem with you?!"

Mom and I was surprised at Megan's sudden cursing.

"Megan, I'm trying not to be rude to you, so please can we just go? Now!"
Mom, which is now clenching her teeth tightly that shows her anger and her fist clenching too.

"Sehun's my brother!" She said. I remained quite as I stared at her. I felt sorry to her that I'm her brother. Am I really a brother to her?

"Cut it off Megan will you? I'll give you ten minutes with him, no more but's." When she was about to open the door but Megan once again complained.

"He's your son! Why you seemed not to care?!" Megan Blurted out as tears making their way out of her eyes.

"Because there's nothing to care about." She voice out with the cold tone she used whenever I talk to her back then. Something had hit me the time that I had processed what she had said. My heart pumps unstoppably fast which I thought was malfunctioning. I also felt a heat sensation at my nose and at my eyes as I inhale and exhale. Megan.. Stop please.