Chapter 2: A Friend

Sehun's POV

"Yah, Sehun-ah." Jongin hyung said while averting my gaze. I don't know why but my heart beats freaking fast. Yeah maybe at that moment I was so scared or afraid of him thinking that he might do something wrong to me. What?! It was just me and him in this room since Yixing hyung and the others went outside. "Hey Sehun are you paying attention?" Jongin hyung repeated. "Y-yeah. Pft." I said trying to hide my nervousness.
He then holds my left hand " You should really have to take a rest. Tomorrow I'll visit you together with Kyungsoo hyung. Arrachi?" He said while smiling at me. What the heck?! That's it? You're so stupid Sehun, so stupid!

"Yeah hyung I will. You honestly scared the hell out of me." I said while covering my face.

This is so embarrassing. What would he'll think of me after that? But he just laughed at it and he pokes my forehead.

"Silly maknae. Go ahead and sleep we,your hyungs still need to talk. Good night!" By that he left the room and I was laying at my bed dumbfounded. I laughed at my stupidity as I realized that I doubted at my Jongin hyung. What a total psycho haha.

"Should I sleep already? It's way too early." I said
"Why is it too boring in here?!" And I exclaimed once again with my wide eyes like kyungsoo hyung's
"Heeeeey!!" A loud shout from the outside. It's from my hyungs.
What was that? Did my hyungs just heard me from here?

"Maybe I really should just go to sleep before Suho hyung scold me haha. Aigo, my back hurts." I said while ruffling my hair in frustration. Why? Who wouldn't be frustrated in this kind of condition? I mean look at me, I won't be able to walk nor to stand. It makes me feel like I'm nothing at all. Like I'm invaluable. What if I..I can't dance like how I used to? What if I won't be able to stand by my own? What if because of my condition Exo will slowly fall out? What should I do? The fans, my hyungs... what if I end up disappointing them. All of them? What should I do? Aish, all of this is my fault. Only if I have been more alerted. Only if I have been more careful. None of this will happen.

"Sehun." all out of a sudden a voice of a woman called out for my name. I looked at her with bewilderment and confusion. How did she get here? Does the media already find out what happened to me? Is she a reporter? A lifestyle reporter?

"Sehun, why..why are you crying? Is there a problem?" she asked me with a worried tone.
"No. I ain't crying." I said while trying to wipe my tears without her noticing it. Then she walked closer to me.
"You can tell it to me thou. Come on now, spill it." my eyebrows furrowed on what she have said. It's like she feels so close to me. But seriously I really haven't seen her before. I'm way too good at familiarizing people's face but hers, I'm sure I never seen her before.
"Sorry, have we met?" She just smiled at my question which makes me confused a lot.
"Nope, but I know you well. Well enough for you to trust me." And she flashed me her smile once again.
"Look here ma'am, I don't know or, I don't have any idea of who you are. And that's enough for me to doubt you." as I scoffed at the end of my sentence.

I was expecting that after what I had told her, she will leave the room instead she says "Oh you silly naughty boy. Hahaha you really didn't change even a bit." While waving her hands left to right like she's shooing a housefly or whatsoever it is. She is really freaking me out. I swear if only I have my phone I'll call a police. But isn't it a bit harsh? "Okay since you seemed to not to trust me, I'll introduce you myself." the mystery woman on her mid 20's or 30's added.
"Well you really should." I retorted.
"I'm Jade." a simple answer from her.
"Okay miss Jade you can go now." She sighs deeply and a minute after I heard an opening sound of a door. Is she gone?

"By the way don't call me miss. Just call me Jade—" the woman named Jade said but I cut her off and says "Please, If you need something go and be straightforward. I hate people who doesn't speak straight to there points." I said with an almost raising voice. "Besides, I still need to rest. I don't want to end up being scolded by my hyungs again. Good night!" I added but she just chuckled at me.

She's really trying to piss me off aye? "Seriously?" a single word that came put from my mouth. Unexpectedly, her face turns so serious. "I'm from the Association that your father used to work before. At doctors without borders." she said.

Something just got hit my head off. My heart started beating rapidly, all out of a sudden I felt like my walls are crashing down, like my eyes would tear up any time soon. Then I just realized, I'm scared. "Is...is it about dad?" no hesitation she just nod and gave me the long brown envelope that she was holding for a long time since she entered the room. My hands were shaking as I took the envelope from Jade. My mind was full of questions that no one would be able to answer. I took a glance at Jade "What's inside of this envelope?" I asked her.

"Why don't you open it?" She demanded, I sigh at her answer. So as she said I unsealed the envelope and there's this old cassette tape and a CD. There is also a papers but it's all burned up and too old that you wouldn't be able to see nor recognize the characters written. "Why are you giving this to me?" I asked in mixed emotion, why to me? Why not to my mom or to my little sister? I was totally lost at my thoughts but Jade brought me back to reality when she pats my shoulder. Why do I suddenly felt like I barely need someone to hug me? I sighed deeply feeling hopeless. "Sehun, I know you might not be able to accept what I'm going to tell you but. We found those are your fathers things." she said. "That things belong to your father." and ended it with a smile. "Then how about Dad?" I asked "Where is he then?" I added, while saying those words I could barely feel my eyes getting glassy as my eyebrows furrowed. I want to cry, I really want to, but I can't. I must hold it in.

"We found those—"

"Patient Oh Sehun? I'm your nurse for tonight. I'll just change your dextrose ok?" a nurse barge in at the middle of our conversation. Why do nurse are at the wrong timing? "Excuse me ma'am but patient Oh needs to rest now. And the visiting hour is only at 9:30 pm." He added. "Hm I see, what time it is already?" Jade asked " It's past 10 o'clock, ma'am." The nurse replied while tapping his wristwatch. "Let's talk tomorrow Sehun,is it okay with you? Jade suggested, well I would like to but Jongin hyung and Kyungsoo hyung will come to visit me. "Maybe next time, I'll just give you a call." Hesitating but I have no choice. Jade nods as she handed me her calling card and after that she make her way outside the room.

__________

Now it's just me alone. As I closed my eyes I felt like someone was watching me. Then a shivers traveled my spine as I also got goosebumps. This hospital is like a haunted one. I was at my deep thoughts that time but then something rang, and it make my soul jump out of my body. I picked my phone up as I saw a message at my notification screen.

_____________________
Sender: 1095-9*** ****

Still at hospital?
_____________________

Who's number is this? I just shrugged my shoulder as I had decided to sleep and drifted myself into my sweetest dream.