Prologue

SUNDAY, 9PM (DAY 0)

     It was dark and cloudy that one fateful day over Paris, France. There was a slight breeze in the air and a chill that promoted the use of sweaters, gloves and caps to keep the warmth in and the cold out. Walking alongside the sidewalks towards the streets of his home, Adrien Agreste shuddered into the blue scarf his father had given him as Plagg, his kwami, sat on his shoulder chewing on his Camembert cheese contently. Adrien would usually be complaining about the putrid smell of the snack, but with the cold day and the amount of crap he had to deal with today, Adrien wanted nothing more than to keep his mind off things that were out of his control.

     Plagg sensed his chosen's discontent and inhaled what was left of his cheese in a heartbeat. "Well aren't you a happy ray of sunshine," Plagg mocked, and Adrien's annoyed huff lifted off his lips in a small cloud.

    "I'm not in the mood," Adrien warned sourly and the small black kwami chuckled in amusement.

    "I know, I know, believe me I was there too, but there's no need to be so sour about everything. Come on! Take a load off! Eat some Camembert! It eases stress." Plagg dove into Adrien's shirt pocket and retrieved a small piece of Camembert. He offered it to Adrien but the boy refused with a shake of his head.

    "Are you sure?" Plagg asked and Adrien nodded. The kawami shrugged and took a bite. "Fine. Your loss."

     Adrien sighed for what was like the fifth time that day and scratched the back of his head, lost in thought until he heard a lady grunt and groceries clatter to the ground. A hobbled old lady was cooing in remorse over dropping her groceries, but when she noticed Adrien she smiled in a way that wasn't exactly what Adrien would call welcoming. By then Plagg had already retreated into the safety of Adrien's shirt pocket.

    "Excuse me, young man? Could you help me carry my groceries inside?" the elder called to the blonde teen. Adrien hesitated but nodded with a smile and took most of the groceries away from her. 

     He followed her to the front porch of an ominous looking house built from old dark wood with a black stale door and few windows. It was an odd sight to say the very least. The weird looking house was sandwiched between two completely normal houses, and yet this one looked old and dreary. As if it didn't belong there. Red flags kept going off in Adrien's mind, and when the lady opened the door, his body was practically screamed for him to run. The old lady gave him a crooked smile and Adrien tried his best to return it. He placed the groceries on the door mat.

    "What do you think you're doing, young man?" the old lady snarled, and Adrien flinched at her sudden change in tone.

    "Uh, oh, I have somewhere to be right now so I thought I would just put these here for now and get going..." he said somewhat reluctantly. The old woman scowled darkly at him.

    "So you're not going to help a weak old lady like me?"

    "Well, I, uh..."

    "You child celebrities are all the same arrogant little bastards I swear--"

    Celebrity children? "W-wait, wait, no need to go that far, Miss. I'll help you take care of these groceries." As if to prove his point, he picked up the groceries again and the woman smiled again, hobbling inside and gesturing for the blonde boy to follow. Despite his better judgment, Adrien followed her in. 

     He barely had the chance to get both feet inside before there was a loud slam behind him. Adrien whirled around and saw the door had closed. Adrien dropped the bags and lunged for the doorknob.

    "The hell!?" Adrien yelled and tried the door but it refused to budge. It was like grasping a formation sticking out of a wall, the doorknob didn't turn and the door didn't move no matter what he did.