"Well goodnight." I slipped into the large door before I closed the large oak behind me.

My hand still clinging to the door knob, I fought to wrap my mind around everything. He kissed me. My canines nipped at my bottom lip before I spun in a fright. Standing just inches away from me stood the almighty himself. Xavier.

My heart seemed to leap in fear of him seeing me this way. What did he hear? What did he see? How long was he standing behind me?

"Hello?" My voice cracked.

His eyes seemed to be full of curiosity as he looked over me before they narrowed. I watched as the far corners of his full lips lift to form a grin I found weirdly unsettling and very bizarre. I took in a lungful as I waited, ready to accept his speech of how I was just here to train. Weirdly, it did not happen. Without a single word, he turned away and disappeared up to spiral stairway.

I stood at the bottom of the steps, my eyes still trained on the spiral staircase that the Alpha used......

A warm breeze slipped into the cracked window as it carried the smell of Mother Nature. I walked over to the window and pulled the window up further. Waiting for me outside of my window were the trees that danced in the wind and mountains that settled in the background. Just below me rested an empty field that normally held a handful of members who were either training or partaking in a game of tackle football.

Now, it was nothing but an empty grassland. Everyone was gone for the day, well mostly everyone. Today, a majority of the pack traveled to the city for business related issues, while I decided to just fall behind.

Since Brittany and Angela went along and others continued their patrol, I was left in the house all alone with nothing to do. Without much to do in the middle of nowhere, I thought it was best to get a free run in. It was time to let my wolf out...

Peace. Inaudible. Sanctuary. I stood in the back patio steps. My nose to the sky and my eyes closed, I took in a whiff of what nature had to offer. Freshness. Fresh grass, fresh fallen pine cones and warm crisp air that enforced me to hum in satisfaction.

"Hey?" A voice became audible.

"Oh hey?" It was weird having someone speak to me.

"Nice day huh?"

"Beautiful." My voice seemed to soften.

"What are you up to?"

"Just...opting for a run. That's all."

"Hmm." I watched as he placed his coffee mug onto the lawn chair before he removed his t-shirt. "I will join you."

"I don't remember asking for a buddy." I toyed.

"Didn't have to." His smile had widened. His fingers latched onto his pants button right before I turned away. My eyes were focused on the trees ahead however I could only wonder what was going on behind me. My canines pierced the flesh of my bottom lip just as he shifted into his wolf.

A male wolf stood before me. Tall. Thick brown fur that you would just love to toy with and a posture that stood out as if he was highly ranked. Something about him seemed different. Something that I could not seem to figure out.

"Do you mind pup?"

Getting the hint that I would love a little privacy, he huffed before he took off into the opening of the trees. Granted privacy and ready to go, I stripped down in a hurry before I transformed into my wolf and took off after Steven....

Warm air danced against my soft fur, delighting me in a way that was hard to even explain. Steven seemed to enjoy the freedom as well as he pranced and trotted around obstacles of nature.