Chapter Ninteen

What the hell Daniel?

"Why is she here?" Hannah voices my thoughts.

"Well, she is a friend of mine, and this is my room so...." he stops mid-sentence.

Yes, by all means he had a valid point. This was his room as well as Callum's. Yes, he could have invited whomever he chooses to.

But no! Not the annoying skank herself!

"Daniel, kitchen, now," was all Callum said to him as he got off the couch, Micah following closely behind him.

The little pang inside my heart from the absence of his hand quickly dissipates when I realize that he's probably going to handle this 'matter'.

Maegan smugly saunters over to the two-seater Daniel was occupying and smiled at us.

"So, what movie are we watching?"

"Why the hell are you here?" Hannah restates.

"What? Can't a girl hang out with her friends?" She grins innocently.

"Correction, friend. Singular, meaning only one." I dead-pan.

I was ticked off; I'd already decided that I'll have an amazing time tonight and here she is, ruining chances of that.

"Oh, so it can talk," she rolls her eyes, nonchalantly examining her manicured fingernails.

" 'It' can slap you upside the head as well," I seethe, sliding to the edge of my seat.
Elijah pulls me back by my forearm, giving me a warning look.

She smiles evilly at me, probably basking in the fact that she's getting a reaction out of me.
Just as Hannah's mouth opens to breathe out another 'why the hell are you here', the boys come back into the area.

"Well, let's get this movie night started!" Daniel hypes.

Callum looks obviously ticked off but says nothing; he sits back beside me looking tense as ever.
I vowed to myself that I wouldn't let my museum entry distract me from this time to spend with Cal and now he's letting her get to him; granted, I don't want her here either but I'm not going to let her get to me.

Slipping my hand back in his, I lean into him, determined to make the best out of this movie night.

"Hey, don't let it get to you. Let's just have a good time tonight, me and you," I whisper into his ear.

He visibly relaxes and a small, genuine smile slips onto his handsome face.

"You're right; let's make the most of it."

His hand removed from mine only to wrap around my shoulder, bringing me even closer to him.
The light blush that taints my cheek goes unnoticed as he turns his attention back towards the television.

I catch Maegan glaring at me with narrow eyes and I smile back at her, rubbing us in her face.
Yeah, I was definitely going to make the most of tonight.

***

Girls Trip finally ends as laughter dies down throughout the room; we decided that the theme for movie night would be comedy instead of horror and I was glad.

Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves besides Maegan who was scrolling through her phone; not like I cared though.

"That was really funny, oh my gosh!" Hannah says, wiping at her eyes.

"I know! We have to watch that again sometime," I laugh back.
Callum laughs as well, before standing up and heading into the kitchen area.

"Where's your bathroom?" Maegan asks Daniel.