CHAPTER FIVE - DON'T MAKE A SOUND (Part 3)

CHAPTER FIVE - DON’T MAKE A SOUND

(Part Three)

<CLICK ON THE YOUTUBE VIDEO AT THE RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THIS PAGE WHILST READING THIS CHAPTER TO ENHANCE THE EXPERIENCE>

The screen cut back to Aries, trembling with delight. ‘They’ve reached the Chandra Zone, my fellow beings. Now let’s see if they survive the explosive moonbeams!’ he announced. The camera faded to the tired foursome.

Darcy raced back in. ‘Is it true? Are they in the next zone?’ he panted as he grabbed a chair and a glass of blood, ready for the next instalment of the show.

The Chandra Zone is one of the hardest levels of the game. Set in a rocky terrain, the sheer sharpness of the rocky paths and walls could kill the clumsier contestants.

The sky was black as the artificial moon shone brightly, trying to detect its targets with its army-style searchlight.

With no stars to guide the contestants on their way, they had to rely on their senses to pass safely through this zone without being blasted to pieces by the shards of moonlight. ‘I can’t wait to see how the Lycan reacts in this zone!’ Darcy clapped with excitement; the other workers gathered round the screens and nodded in agreement.

Along with shining deadly beams onto its victims, the moon from the Chandra Zone also speeds up the transformation in all Lycan’s, leaving them powerless to control themselves and causing an added threat to the other contestants.

Walking along the rocky path of a nearby mountain, the two couples dragged themselves up the uneven trail, avoiding the crumbling rocks that greeted them at every turn. ‘It’s so cold…’ Heather shivered as her husband wrapped his arms around her.

‘We need to find shelter soon,’ Luan commented pointing to the summit of the mountain, where a thin veil of smoke polluted the dark sky, twirling round the moon beams as they shone on the rocky surface.

‘What do you think it is?’ Phoenix asked as they shook their heads and continued their arduous journey.

I continued to write my report, pretending to be uninterested in the new developments as the workers tried to guess what could be waiting for the lucky foursome at the top. ‘I think it’ll be a Grimlorg,’ one teenage vampire suggested, only to be interrupted by an older female, who guessed, ‘No, I think it’ll be Lady Eveil!’ Others threw in their ideas too, as I pondered if this could be the realm that would finish Luan off.

The Lycan interrupted my thoughts by flashing across the screen, sniffing each boulder as he followed the scent of the group up the mountain, gaining on them with every step.

The rocks continued to crumble as the trail got narrower, leaving the contestants, midway up the mountain, with no more path to walk on. ‘We’ll have to climb,’ Heather stated. She tried to use her powers to provide some help, but her husband grabbed her arms impatiently.

‘Are you crazy? As soon as you cast a spell, we’ll be exposed and, more importantly, we’ll be dead…’ he whispered, to which they all agreed.