Chapter 13

||

"Oppa, I have an interview today," I say to Yesung, stepping out in a pencil skirt and a buttoned white shirt.

"What job?" Yesung turns to me with a toast in his mouth. "A journalist." I picked up my black blazer, "do I look okay?" I look down at my outfit. 

"Ugly."Yesung turns away from me. 

"Pfft." I roll my eyes at him and pick up my bag. 

"I will drive you." He offered. "Faster, I am late." I check my watch, I have 20 minutes to reach.

Yesung slowly picks up his keys and his jacket and slowly make his way out. I groan in frustration and make my way to his car. 

Yesung and I reach the company in time, and I run to the receptionist. 

"Yes, Mr. Nam has been waiting." The receptionist points me to the room around the corner. "I will wait here." Yesung makes himself comfortable on the couch.  I walk with confidence in the office.

Yesung looks at the picture on the wall. 

It looks the guy he punched at the pub. 

Yesung tilts his head and put his finger to his lips. 

He stood up and make his way to the receptionist counter, "who is that man?" He asks. "The boss of this company." The lady answers with a friendly smile. 

"Thank you." Yesung nods. 

I entered the room, "annyeonghaseyo." I bow the young man. 

Oh! He was the man who slapped me.

"Oh beer girl." He snaps his fingers together, "looks like we meet again." He smirks at me.

"Mr. Nam—" Yesung burst into the room, "she will not work here." Yesung glares at the man. He grabs my arm and pulls me out of the room. 

We both got into the car, "you can work anywhere else except for this bloody company." Yesung says angrily.

"Oppa, it's okay—" 

"It's not okay, stop acting like everything is!" Yesung snaps at me. I look away from him, "I am sorry." He mutters. 

He reaches out for my hand, "I just want you to be safe when I'm gone." 

|| 

One year later 

Valentine's Day 

Psychology Class

"Why is she studying psychology? I do not understand." Kang In murmurs as he makes his way into the class.

"Annyeonghaseyo!" Girls stand up from their seats, shock that Super Junior is in their class.

"Happy Valentine's Day!" Lee Teuk shouts, holding onto a big red heart balloon. "Firstly, sorry for barging into your class." Shin Dong bows to the professor. 

"It's Valentine's Day... And we're here to find our darling Baek Chae-Ryeong ssi." Hee-Chul looks around the big room. "Oh, she's there, sleeping." Sungmin points the redhead. 

"Our darling Baek Chae-Ryeong works so hard, she had a really hard time last year too..." Hee-Chul awkwardly says, "BAEK CHAE-RYEONG!" The boys shouted in unison.

Chae-Ryeong shot up from her seat, her hair is now shoulder-length and it is straightened. "Oppa!" Her face lights up at the boys, "happy valentine's day..." The boys say to her as she runs down the steps.

She trips over her own foot and fell to the ground, "ah!" The class burst out laughing at her.

"Aigoo!" Si Won falls onto the ground on purpose, the boys follow suit. 

Eunhyuk laughs and got Chae-Ryeong back on her feet, her cheeks burning red in embarrassment. "I miss you guys..." Chae-Ryeong gets them in a circle and hug. 

"This is all for you," Kang In passes her a box of chocolate. Lee Teuk gives her the big heart balloon and Donghae puts the big teddy bear on top of the chocolate box. "We will see you during lunch." Kyuhyun whispers into her ear, "see you Noona." Ryeowook waves. 

"We're Super Juni-OR!" The boys run out of the classroom. Chae-Ryeong turns to her professor, "I am sorry." She bows and slowly went back to her seat. 

After class, she went out to the meet the boys in the van. 

"Help me," Chae-Ryeong struggles to hold the teddy bear, the box, and the balloon. Si Won runs to her and take the box and the teddy. "Get in the car." Sungmin rushes Chae-Ryeong. 

They all got into the van, "Noona, Yesung is not joining us for lunch." Donghae informs Chae-Ryeong. "It's okay, I will see him at home." Chae-Ryeong smiles widely at the boys, "gomawo." She chuckles. 

"She looks so happy." Hee-Chul coos. 

|| 

After lunch with the boys, I went to work. I am paying my own tuition fees at the university. I want to get a degree in psychology then I will pursue Bachelor's Degree. 

I have two jobs. 

I work as a blog writer, I can write anything I like. It's anonymous. I write poetry and write about how sad or happy my day is. I write things that people relate to so I have a lot of followers. 

I also have another job where I work in a cafe. The cafe rarely has people so I take the free time to study.

I also joined the basketball team and so, I feel like my life is back on track even though my family is not around... Since it's a Friday, the cafe closes early. I spent 6 hours studying because no one came in. 

My manager, Suzy trusts me a lot so she handles the closing to me. I cleaned up the place and locked it up. 

"Baek Chae-Ryeong." I grab the keys in my hands and turn around. 

A man is dressed in full black, black jeans, black shirt, and a black coat. I look up to his face, a mask covering his face and only his eyes can be seen. He wears his cap but I can see his blonde hair at the sides. 

"Oppa," I smiled at Yesung.

He's holding on a bouquet of red roses, "I was on a shoot so I wasn't able to join the boys to surprise you." Yesung passes the flower to me.

"Happy Valentine's Day." I wrap my hand around the stalks, my hand over Yesung's. And slowly, a snowflake came floating down onto the roses. 

"It's snowing!"

'She has gotten cuter.' A smile crept onto Yesung's face.