Chapter 8

|| Graduation Day

I wear a pink floral dress, and pull my graduation gown over my head. I hold onto my graduation cap, "today is the day."

I walk out of the washroom, "can you believe it?" Tae-Ri hooks her arm around mine. "We're graduating!" She sings off tune, Tae-Ri do a spin in the middle of the hallway.

"I will miss this school," we walk into the school gym. "Me too," I agree with her. I look up at the basketball Most Valuable Player plague on the wall, Baek Chae-Ryeong, captain.

"Oh Chae-Ryeong," one of my teammates, Hye-Ji walks in. "Annyeonghaseyo," we both bow to each other. "Going down the memory lane?" Hye-Ji raise her eyebrows at me, I simply smile at her question.

"We missed you dearly, you had an impact on us." Hye-Ji gives me a hug and left the gym.

"Graduating students to the field please." The professor made the announcement over the PA System.

"Lets go!" Tae-Ri grabs my hand and pull me out of the gym.

We both run in our heels to the field, where are the boys? I search for them as I run to the stairs of the stage.

I can't find them... Did they forget? I didn't text them though.

My heart start to panic, I am so nervous, I am the valedictorian.

» A/N : i'm aware that korea universities do not do valedictory but it's just a story so hehe.

"Everybody, She was the captain of the women's basketball team for two years. She also have academically excelled in her studies. A lady with a kind heart, and a bright smile. I will like to welcome on stage our valedictorian of the year, Baek Chae-Ryeong."

I walk on stage and bow to my principle who presented me.

I smiled and stand onto the podium, I look at my friends then the rest of the crowd.

There's a lot of people here.

"Baek Chae-Ryeong, SARANGHAE!" Hee-Chul pulls down his mask and make a heart with his arms.

He came.

I chuckled into the microphone, everyone turn to look at him and he quickly put the mask back on.

The boys are dressed nicely, they have balloons and flowers.

"Annyeonghaseyo, I am your valedictorian, Baek Chae-Ryeong. We all have worked hard, we also suffered. But all the sufferings are worth it because our day has finally come." I read my cue cards.

"I have some words to my friends and my teammates, you are like my brothers and sisters. Our time together has been fun, may you do well in the future, don't ever give up." I look up from my cards.

Darn it, I don't need this.

"I am sorry that I left the team, I really love you girls for understanding. I also want to thank Super Junior for being by my side, easing my pain and making me feel like a teenager again." I get some cheers from the crowd from saying Super Junior.

"I hope the time I spent with people here has been nice, and there isn't any bad blood. We're finally graduating, friends... Take care, I hope to bump into all of you in the future." I step off the podium and bow to them.

I stand back up with tears in my eyes, "WOO, Baek Chae-Ryeong!" The boys clap loudly.

I laugh and receive my certificate.

I got off the stage and Chan-Yeol greets me with a hug, "wah... My daughter is a university graduate." Mother snaps a photo of us.

"Mother! I will take a picture for all of you!" Dong Hae approaches us, mother smiles at him and pass him her phone.

I carry Chae-Rin up, "the photo will look good with flowers." Yesung says, passing me a big blue baby breath flowers bouquet.

"Smile!" Dong Hae snaps a few pictures.

Slowly, the boys start to join the photo.

"Oh Super Junior!" Girls and boys start to whispering to each other.

"Who is she that she is receiving—"

"Chae-Ryeong, lets go to a place with a scenery." Kang In put his hand on my upper back and lead the way.

I took off my graduation cap and gown, "you look pretty!" Lee Teuk complimented.

"Here is my gift to you," Hee-Chul pass me a bear wearing a graduation gown and cap

"Oh gomawo!" I bow and take it in my hands, "you have to take the balloons too!" Shin-Dong passes me the pink and blue helium balloons.

Dong Hae took a solo shot of me, "my daughter is so pretty." Mother compliments.

"You boys should join the photo," Father says, taking over the photo taking.

The boys make me stand in the middle, Kyuhyun helps me hold the teddy bear. I held onto his arm and smile widely for the camera.

"Baek Chae-Ryeong!" I snap my head to the stage and noticed Ji-Ho has taken over the microphone.

"Ji-Ho ssi—" Our principle tries to get him off the podium.

"Will you marry me?!"

I froze, "marry me!" He shouts once again.

I have thousands pairs of eyes looking at me right now, "yes!" I put up my hand and nodded with a smile.

"Oh our Ryeongie is getting married!" Kang In cheers for me.

I forced a smile on my face, "yes..."

||

The boys join us for dinner with my family, "the treat will be ours." Lee Teuk says to my parents.

"Omo, Chae-Ryeong, you found yourself some find young men." Mother smiles happily.

I nod slightly in agreement, my phone then receive a message from my brother who's just sitting right next to me.

Chan-Yeol 🐙: mother and father told me to tell you this. we're going overseas together as a family. if you want to join, you could.

Chae-Ryeong 🦁: where are we going?

Chan-Yeol 🐙: Thailand

Chan-Yeol 🐙: but, they won't attend your wedding. You have to get out of the house after the trip. they will disregard you as their daughter. and you have to cut ties with Rin and I...

Chae-Ryeong 🦁: oh.