10

*Your POV*

I could lose my mind right now but I need to keep calm. He killed him. It's very usual for me to see someone dead since the people here aren't really nice and everyday someone dies.. but I never thought that he would do that.. well actually I'm not sure about what I thought.

I still don't really know him but I know he's not okay and maybe he's even crazy.. I only know about what my mother told me about him. And that means nothing.

I get goosebumps knowing that he's standing behind me... I swallow... he's only been waiting for me to find it. I know the butcher did something wrong but I never expected Ethan to do that.. he probably only did that because of the things he said and did to me...

I'm used to it but for him it wasn't more than not okay. To be honest I'm so afraid right now that I don't know if I should turn around or not.. maybe he's not even there.. I can feel a weird presence but I'm not sure. Maybe it's because of the head in front of me.

»Good evening my love..« I jump up and gasp for air. Then I turn around.. his crooked smile and the scar on his cheek make him look even scarier in this light. My heart starts racing as he comes closer..

»I hope you don't mind..« he says with a joyful voice. I try not to show how much I'm shaking but I'm sure he knows it. He keeps smiling and shows me the sword.. that's the one he killed him with.

»I would've used the butch as knife but the sword seemed so much more appropriate.« I look down at it. It's cleaner than ever. Why can't I believe him? I guess I just don't want to. It's seems so.. unreal..
I just watch how he looks at the sharp blade.. how he cleans it with the little tissue in his hand.

The pleasing noise of it makes me close my eyes. I open my eyes immediately because I need to concentrate. This is serious and my mother should know this.. but I'm not sure what she's going to do after she knows it...

»I promise you the blade got no scratches.« his voice is so clean and so fine.. his hair falls in his face.. his curly, silky hair.. »The butcher was like butter.«

It's not what he did that is distracting me... it's him. I feel so small and innocent next to him.. maybe I am. Maybe I'm not. But he is just so different. I've never seen anybody like him.. it's all so new for me, I need time to get used to the new situation. I like that he's here. But somehow he's scaring me... at the same time I'm attracted by him, what makes everything even worse.

He bends down and puts the sword in its place. Then he stands back up and comes closer. I look up at him and try to control my breathing. Actually I'm pretty proud of myself since I could control myself until now.

»You didn't need to do that for me.« I say very serious and afraid with a shaking voice. He tilts his head a little bit to the right.

»Courtesy is contagious as you know..« he says and comes closer.. my heart keeps racing and I don't know what I'm doing. I'm confused and this all is too much.. he looks so chill and so soft like he didn't kill anyone..

I'm not sure what I should do and if I should just back off or let him come closer..
As I let him come closer I hear the dog barking... I gasp and rush to the big window behind him. I look out of it.. it's pretty dark..

*Ethan's POV*

She turns around to me very worried..
I can see that she's scared. She knows what I did and she handled it very well. »The police..« she says with her soft voice. My jaw drops but I don't feel any anxiety in me. I'm not scared or worried. Also I'm not stupid.