3

*Ethan's POV*

She lets me in. I can see how traumatized she is. It's not easy. For the both of us. So I can understand her but I ask myself where my uncle is as she leads me into the kitchen so I can eat something.

Its so warm and comfortable. Its well decorated and quiet. On our way to the kitchen I can see the fireplace burning in the living room.

I would give everything to sleep in front of it now. Even if I'm filled with questions and confusion I'm really exhausted.

As I sit down on the table the cook sets it with filled plates and a soup for me. I feel weird. I don't know what to feel. She's staring at me. I look up at her since she is standing.

I can see how weird she is as well. The cook keeps setting the table as I hand her the letters and the picture of her and my uncle. She looks even more sad now. Her fingers are sliding over it...

I look at the ground. I don't know what to do. After what happened in the past, I never felt anything. I still don't feel anything. I only feel this emptiness and anger even if I still don't know exactly what happened.

I'm dying to know it and I hope she can help me.. She looks very sad, what makes my blood boil. I have enough of sad and broken people.

She leaves the kitchen, telling me that I should start to eat and that she'll join me in a few minutes. I do what she says and it tastes really delicious. Just like it was smelling.

I can't get enough of it and realize how much I'm actually starving. It feels so good to eat something warm and tasty after such a good time.

*Your POV*

I'm in my room looking out the window. It's still so dark. Actually I'm very tired. Maybe I would skip the dinner. I mean I'm already wearing comfortable clothes and my bed looks so warm.

I yawn and after I watch the wind blowing through the trees a little bit more I decide to skip the dinner. So I walk towards my bed and hear my mom knocking on the door.

She walks in and I can see how worried she is so I slowly walk towards her.

»We're eating dinner.. come down with me.. we have a guest..« she looks down like she feels guilty. It confuses me. But I won't ask her about what it is.

I don't want her to struggle with answering me. »I actually.. wanted to sleep a little bit earlier today..«
I say and she clenches her teeth. »It's important. I give you five minutes
She says and leaves me with a dropped jaw.

I close my door and ask myself what's going on. We don't have that many guests. Since my father died, we kinda lost contact to many people. It was a really rough time.. well it still is but my mother is strong.

She protects me from the outside world. She's teaching me everything I need to know. I don't need friends or anything else. I'm only going out with her when she needs me, the rest she handles by herself.

We're... especially I am an easy goal for the cruel people outside.. they're all so disgusting and mean. But my mother knows how to protect me. I admire her. Our relationship got stronger after the death of my father.

And even if I'm asking myself who this important guest could be, I don't change my clothes. I only fix my hair and check if I don't look too messed up and tired.. then I walk down...

*Ethan's POV*

I decide to wait for her before I keep eating. It feels awkward. It feels strange but familiar at the same time. I hear and see her walking in so I stand up. She smiles softly with the letters in her hand. I sit back down...