Soldier!Germany x Depressed!Italy

Ludwig was pacing around his house. He couldn't bare to tell his husband or their 5-year old daughter Dahlia and their 15-year old son Jonas. He'd been asked to fight in the war against America. He and his family were countries. He was Germany, Feliciano was Italy, Dahlia was Venice and Jonas was Berlin. Ludwig was needed because he was a strong country, capable of killing thousands without help. He finally worked up the courage to tell his family. "Ehemann, Tochter, Sohn?", he called. "Vee, Sì, mio marito?", Feliciano replied. "Ja, vatti?", Dahlia asked. "Ja, what is it vater?", Jonas asked. "Vell jou see, I'm going off to fight in zhe war und I may not come back home for a long time, so be good for jour other vater.", Ludwig said. "Mi mancherai, mio caro Ludwig.", Feliciano said. "Auf Wiedersehen, vatti! Ich werde dich vermissen!", Dahlia said, crying a bit. "Ja, auf wiedersehen...", Jonas said. 

Do you know what's worth fighting for
When it's not worth dying for?
Does it take your breath away
And you feel yourself suffocating?
Does the pain weigh out the pride?

And you look for a place to hide?
Did someone break your heart inside?
You're in ruins

One, twenty one guns
Lay down your arms

Give up the fight
One, twenty one guns
Throw up your arms into the sky,
You and I

A few years later, Feliciano got a letter in the mail from Ludwig's brother Gilbert. It read "Tut   mir leid, dir das zu sagen, but mein bruder has died at war. His injuries were fatal and could not be treated without amputation. We hope you understand."  Feliciano was crushed. His husband would not be returning. Gilbert had already told the children who had understood. But Feliciano was heartbroken. He wouldn't eat or sleep unless he was made to. His children had kept him alive and that was why he was still here.