Reputation

You let out a small audible sound of frustration and carried on with work. One thing you learned about working in theater, that no scene in a play were rehearsed in order, at least not all the time. So you had to be alert and pay attention to the cues that the actors gave you. If one thing goes wrong, the whole crew, the actors included would suffer.
"Get the blood packs ready, (y/n)." The set director told you. You instantly picked them up and waited for Tom to come backstage to have them installed.
"Arms up." you said as you placed one in the under pocket near his shoulder, hips and torso. You couldn't help but blush...you were touching him for God's sake! You double checked quickly and sent him off. You took a deep breath when you found out you did it correctly, not bad for a first time blood installment.
As the sword fight carried on, the blood kept pouring out on cue and you sat back watching the excellent performance. You did a good job, no time was wasted. The curtain fell and Tom rushed backstage, "Monologue time." he said as you pulled the rest of the Velcro slits that made the costume look tattered and torn, removed his sword and belt. one last slit and his whole stomach was visible, you shivered.
"You okay?" he asked. You only nodded and sent him on his way back to the stage. You felt like you needed to be splashed with cold water to wake up, but alas you still had work to do. You still had to put the slits back so they could rehearse their bow. He was an amazing actor, the monologue was flawless and he didn't break until after the curtains closed. Oh God, here he came the brave warrior of the theater ready to be mended again, "Alright. Good job." You said doing your best you stick the Velcro back on with out touching his skin, of course it didn't work.
You're just happy he didn't flinch when you put the torso flap back together. Once again, he ran to the stage and took his gallant bow. What a day! You wiped the sweat from your brow and plopped down in a chair from exhaustion. Your spirit was stirred, it was riled up too much that you needed to leave the stage. He was counting on you to be there when he was done but if you didn't leave, you would've made a bigger fool of yourself.
"Where are you going?" You didn't realize that Tom followed you out. You turned around and looked at the dashing man before you, "I just needed some fresh air is all. You did a splendid job today Tom."
"If you liked that, just wait for the opening night." He flirted. Oh! You couldn't take it anymore! He was gorgeous and you couldn't do anything about it or your job was on the line, sometimes being professional was a burden.
"You worked really hard too, (y/n). I'm proud of you."
"Thank you."
He inched closer to your face and whispered in your ear, "You're welcome my dear." and he kissed you just under your ear. You closed your eyes and accidentally let out a squeak.
You could feel him smile against your neck and tried it again. This time, you unfortunately came to your senses, "Tom!" You said with a chuckle. "No."
"What is wrong (y/n)?" he asked looking at you concerned. You shook your head and backed away.
"My job and your reputation is going to be risked if you do this. I care too much about you to have that happen."
Tom's expression was a gravely disappointed one but he considered it for a moment, "You're right, (y/n). Thank you for your concern for my well being."
"I'm so sorry Tom."
"Its perfectly alright, (y/n)." Tom ran a hand through your hair and walked away.