Lunch

you threw your keys down on the counter and walked straight into the bathroom to take a shower. It was cold out and your wet clothes didn't help either, you were shivering all the way home.
stripped of your clothes and stepped under the hot water that cascaded down your back. It felt nice to relax a bit, hear heard the hissing of the shower head and the water falling sounded like rain, your eyes closed and felt a pair of arms ease their way around your waist, you jumped out of your daze and looked around "That was weird." you had to hurry out and get back to work. you stepped back out twisted your (h/c ) hair into a bun and threw on new and warmer clothes, a pair of dark wash skinny jeans and a leopard print long sleeve top and headed out the door.
It didn't take too long to get back to the theater, it was just before rush hour and you forgot to pick up Tom's lunch for the day. Out of everything that had to go wrong today, this was the cherry on top of the worst hectic day of all time! you had no choice but to go in and tell him. You rushed back inside and quietly opened the stage door to hear Tom and the extras rehearsing the play, you crept backstage and listened and watched quietly. They were rehearsing Coriolanus. One of your favorite stories, along with Twelfth Night.
"Hey, (y/n)." Dave came up behind you and you turned around to see him mopping up the last bit of paint on the floor, "I am sorry that I poured paint all over you this morning."
"Are you saying that because Tom told you to?"
"Yes, but I am sorry. That wasn't very fair to you."
"Just don't let it happen again, we have enough trouble without visitors around to humiliate. No offense but these extras are such kiss ups to the celebs."
"Yeah I know, the ladies go way to harsh on the makeup. Today I saw one with a scouse brow."
"Oh my goodness, remember when Amanda was here, she thought she could impress Benedict with a fake tan...just on her face."
"Yeah" Dave laughed. "Not a good look on a naturally pale person."
"She was so pale you could lose her in the snow." You laughed out.
"I think we did and we never found her."
"Oh stop it!" you shoved him playfully.
"And that's a wrap, lunch break everyone!"
Tom left the stage and spotted you, the sight of your fresh new face made him smile wide, but his smile faded after seeing your bewildered frown, "What's wrong?" he asked.
"I'm sorry Tom, I forgot to get you lunch."
Tom's smile crossed his face again, "After the day you just had, I would forget lunch too. Come on, we have an hour anyway."
"Where are we going?"
"To lunch, silly." Tom offered his arm and you just stared at it waiting for someone to pinch your arm, "Come on, let this actor take a pretty lady to lunch."
"Alright then, lets go." you wrapped your arm around his and left the stage with him, he walked hurriedly to his dressing room and closed the door behind them. You just stood there watching Tom fumble through a trunk full of props, "What are you doing Tom?"
"Looking for a disguise, I can't go outside without being noticed so why not have fun being someone else today?"
"Are you serious? You're actually going to disguise yourself just for lunch?"
"Come now, (y/n). Sometimes its fun to disappear from the radar for a while...I bet you have never done it."
"No, I'm a good girl." Tom stood up and set a black beret on your head along with fake plastic glasses on your face. He pulled the hair tie out of your hair and your (h/l +h/c) locks tumbled down to your shoulders, "Beautiful."
you blushed and looked down at the floor.
"Okay, What should I wear?"
"A cap and shades never hurt." you said as you placed a baseball cap and sunglasses on his face.
"Okay, lets go." Tom led you out the back door and into his rental car, "Where to my friend?"
"Oh, no. Don't leave it up to me, We'll be here all day."
"Take out always solves problems on a first date."
"What?"
"Hold on tight!" Tom sped out of the parking lot making you squeal in surprise while trying to fasten your belt. "What's the matter dear lady?" Tom snickered behind the wheel. "You in the mood for (favorite food)?"
"Why not."
"Alright then."
Tom drove through Time Square and towards Central Park and parked next to one of the entrances, "What's going on? What happened to food?"
"They sell food in Central Park, silly."
"I know that, you crazy Englishman." you teased.
"I like the way you say that." he teased back.
Tom left the car and helped you out, "A stroll around the park?"
"Don't mind if I do." you took his arm and you both walked down the lane, you purchased lunch and ended up sitting on the ledge of a bridge happily standing over the water.
"Here, I hope you aren't upset that I took a look at your songbook. You are very talented." he said handing you your flimsy journal.
"You went through my purse?"
"No. Not at all, you rushed out of my dressing room so fast that you knocked it over. I was just trying to put everything back inside."
"Oh I see. No I don't mind that you read it. I do my best to let people look at them. You never know who you are going to meet."
"That is a good way of thinking about it." Tom fell silent for a moment, "I could have someone look at them if you want." you looked up from your food and just stared at him in surprise.
"What?" Tom asked.
"I'm just astonished. Forgive me but, why are you being so nice to me?"
"I'm quite astonished you even said that. I like you, (y/n). When I see someone who is good or does good, I let them know that they're appreciated."
"Oh," you blushed. "Thank you." you looked down to hide your smile and Tom tried to meet your eyes. Once he did, he gave you a big smile and you hid your face again, "Why do you do that?" He scooted closer to you and brushed your (h/l +h/c) out of the way. "Your face is too radiant to hide."
"I'm just shy."
"There is a difference between being shy and being insecure." he lifted your chin and kissed your cheek. The heat rushed to your face and Tom laughed seeing your face had turned red again.
"I think you don't realize how beautiful and precious you are my friend. How important you are."
A tear escaped your eyes and you hoped that he didn't notice. Tom indeed did notice but he said nothing, he only took your hand and stood, "Come on. We have to get back to the theater." You  stood up and he wiped the tear from your eye.
"You are very special, (y/n). Don't forget that because Loki the God of Mischief said so." He smiled making you laugh.
"Better?"
"Better." you both made your way back to the car and climbed inside. The ride was silent, you didn't know what to say after such a heart to heart with Tom. Tom didn't have anything to say either, he wanted to but he also just wanted you to say something first.... "How did you like your date?"
"It would've been much better if I knew it was a date to begin with." you said. Tom looked over to see you smiling.
"I didn't want you to swoon. I thought that if I didn't make it a big deal, you might enjoy yourself more."
"I did....thank you."
"You are welcome, my friend."
You  sat back and watched the cars go by while you felt a sense of contentment. When they arrived you and Tom walked back inside through the back doors and hurried back into the dressing room.
"Okay, I'll be back."
"Do you need me to do anything else before you go back on stage?"
"Just be waiting for me backstage." Tom smiled. You nodded and left the room so he could change back into his costume. You  rushed into the theater and took your place backstage making sure the props were in order.
"Where have you been? I needed you to help me align the props-" The set designer looked around and saw that the props were already aligned. She looked at you, "Never mind." The lady said astonished.
"Alright everyone, places. Tom coming from stage right." The stage manager said over seeing that everyone was accounted for. you started double checking the props to make sure they were in the right order, "Having trouble?"
Tom's breath traveled down your neck and made you shiver. You turned around and backed too far against the tip of the sword which goosed your behind, "Oh!" you jumped. "No, no problem at all."
"You make me laugh (y/n)." He slowly leaned in but hearing the director call on him made him stop. "I'll see you later."